Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/22/2012 -- The growing demand for in vitro diagnostics (IVDs) is stimulating increased deal activity in the industry as companies position themselves to take advantage of opportunities, particularly for early disease diagnosis and better targeted treatments in the emerging companion diagnostic market.
- An overview of IVD industry trends by geography, technology type, and leading players.
- Analysis of partnership deal and M&A activity in the IVD market, including the leading deal makers, as well as analysis by geography and deal value.
- Case study analysis of four prominent IVD companies that are at the forefront of M&A activity.
- Discussion of future trends in the IVD industry, including which types of IVD will be key targets for future M&A and partnership deals.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
While the mature markets of the US, Europe, and Japan accounted for a combined share of 75% of the global IVD market in 2010, the rapidly expanding emerging markets represent significant growth opportunities.
The IVD industry is polarized between a handful of global, multi-technology companies with sales of over $1bn, and around 250 smaller players that tend to focus on developing new technologies or producing diagnostics for a specific market segment.
During 2009-12, there was significant collaboration between IVD and top 50 pharma companies focused on personalized therapy with the aim of developing companion diagnostics. With 12 personalized therapy deals entered into by the end of April, 2012 could be a bumper year for such partnerships.
Reasons to Get this Report
- What are the current trends shaping the in vitro diagnostics industry?
- What strategies are companies in the in vitro diagnostics industry implementing to drive future growth?
- What are the key strategies for success when entering into deals in the in vitro diagnostics industry?
- What are the future trends and outlook for players in the in vitro diagnostics sector?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Medical Devices research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- In Vitro Diagnostics Market to 2018 - Consolidation, Decentralization and Demand for Genetic Testing to Shape the Competitive Landscape
- Medical Equipment Quarterly Deals Analysis - M&A and Investment Trends - Q1 2012
- Medical Equipment Quarterly Deals Analysis: M&A and Investments Trends - Q4 2010
- Medical Equipment Quarterly Deals Analysis: M&A and Investment Trends - Q2 2011
- Medical Equipment Quarterly Deals Analysis - M&A and Investment Trends, Q1 2011
- Medical Equipment Monthly Deals Analysis: May 2012- M&A and Investment Trends
- Medical Equipment Monthly Deals Analysis: April 2012 - M&A and Investment Trends
- Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics Inc. Market Share Analysis
- Alere Inc. Market Share Analysis
- Qiagen N.V. Market Share Analysis