Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/10/2014 -- Despite the formation of a government in December 2010, we expect political progress to remain slow and stability fragile. A broken power-sharing agreement and persistent sectarian tensions present key risks.
The Iraqi economy will be among the fastest growing in the world over the coming five years, driven by an aggressive increase in oil production and the start of large-scale infrastructure projects.
Major Forecast Changes
We have revised up our forecasts for real GDP growth, and project the economy to expand by 10.9% in 2014, compared to our previous forecast of 9.2%. This largely result from BMI's Oil & Gas research team's more conservative outlook on oil exports in 2013 compared to our previous quarter, with base effects ensuring an acceleration in oil production in 2014.
Key Risks To Outlook
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Attacks on oil infrastructure due to terrorism or acts of political protest present downside risks to our growth forecasts.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Country Reports research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Chile Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Brazil Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Hungary Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Croatia Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Trinidad & Tobago Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Canada Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Russia Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Albania Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Lithuania Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- United States Business Forecast Report Q2 2014