New Food market report from Business Monitor International: "Italy Agribusiness Report Q1 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/31/2013 -- Our outlook for the Italian agribusiness sector has turned more bearish, as dry conditions in Europe, high operating costs and bleak economic prospects have taken a toll on the grains, dairy and livestock sectors. Our long-held view has favoured the grains segment over rice, and we expect conditions to be particularly favourable for wheat and corn over the forecast period to 2017. We also expect poultry and cheese to outperform, mainly bolstered by the expected economic recovery, changes in consumption habits and opportunities for expansion into export markets.
- Wheat production growth to 2016/17: 12.5% to 7.5mn tonnes. Production is expected to rise as prices stay elevated by historical standards, driven by growing demand for food and biofuels.
- Cheese consumption growth to 2017: 20.6% to 1.8mn tonnes. Per capita cheese consumption, at 28.1kg, is on a par with France and Germany and higher than in northern European countries such as Sweden and the UK. Still, we see room for additional growth over the coming years.
- Poultry production growth to 2016/17: 10.4% to 1.4mn tonnes. Poultry is a relatively cheap meat; as such, we expect continued strong demand amid the tough economic climate.
- 2014 real GDP growth: 0.3% year-on-year (y-o-y), compared with an estimated -1.5% in 2013.
- 2014 consumer price index: 1.5% average, at the same level as in 2013.
- BMI universe agribusiness market value: 2.8% y-o-y decline to US$16.5bn in 2012/13, forecast to grow on average 0.2% annually between 2012/13 and 2016/17.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- India Agribusiness Report Q1 2014
- China Agribusiness Report Q1 2014
- Thailand Agribusiness Report Q1 2014
- Indonesia Agribusiness Report Q1 2014
- Saudi Arabia Agribusiness Report Q1 2014
- Bangladesh Agribusiness Report Q1 2014
- Algeria Agribusiness Report Q1 2014
- Ghana Agribusiness Report Q1 2014
- France Agribusiness Report Q1 2014
- Pakistan Agribusiness Report Q1 2014