Fast Market Research recommends "Mexico Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/18/2013 -- BMI View: Mexico's relatively low-cost business environment, growing domestic pharmaceutical market and the improving regulatory regime have made it an attractive market to multinationals. The improved performance by market regulator COFEPRIS has allowed Mexico to acquire a reputation for early, speedy approvals of medicines that meet urgent local epidemiological needs and allow direct access to other robust growing pharmaceutical markets in Latin America..
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: MXN176.00bn (US$13.36bn) in 2012 to MXN191.58bn (US$14.97bn) in 2013; +8.9% in local currency terms and +12% in US dollar terms. Forecasts increasefrom Q113 due to improving industry environment.
- Healthcare: MXN965.46bn (US$73.31bn) in 2012 to MXN1,046.9bn (US$81.79bn) in 2013; +8.4% in local currency terms and +11.6% in US dollar terms. Forecasts increase from Q113 due to improving industry environment.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Risk/Reward Rating: The Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Risk/Reward Rating (RRR) in Q213 for Mexico remains the same as in Q113. This is also the case for all other countries in BMI's proprietary system that ranks pharmaceutical markets according to attractiveness to multinational drugmakers. A minor reweighting of one of the RRR components is being implemented to improve the tool, and the adjusted scores for all markets will be published in the Q313 updates of the Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare reports.. Mexico has a RRR score of 58.4 out of 100, making it the 4th most attractive pharmaceutical market in America.
Key Trends And Developments
- In November 2012, El Salvador and Ecuador recognised medicine registrations issued by the Mexican Federal Commission for Protection Against Sanitary Risks (COFEPRlS) and allowed easy entry for pharmaceutical products approved by the organisation. It is derived from COFEPRIS' reorganisation by the Pan-American Health Organization (PAHO) and the World Health Organization (WHO) as a National Regulatory Authority of Regional Reference of Medicines and Biological Products. The recognition has reflected an improving regulatory regime in Mexico and fostered confidence among Latin American countries to allow medicines approved by COFEPRIS to entry their domestic markets with simplified process. We note that Chilean government has also signed an agreement with Mexico to allow pharmaceutical products registered in Mexico to enter Chile directly.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Nigeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2013
- Croatia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2013
- Poland Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2013
- Australia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2013
- Partnerships, Licensing, Investments and M&A Deals andTrends in Pharmaceuticals - Q2 2012
- Partnerships, Licensing, Investments and M&A Deals and Trends in Pharmaceuticals - Q2 2011
- Partnerships, Licensing, Investments and M&A Deals and Trends in Pharmaceuticals - Q1 2012
- Presidio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Affectis Pharmaceuticals AG - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Bayer Healthcare LLC - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)