Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/23/2014 -- Morocco's agriculture sector holds significant potential, particularly the dairy, poultry and sugar industries. The dairy sector is benefiting from growing interest from international dairy companies and is likely to enjoy strong growth in the coming years. In the livestock segment , we expect increased government support and investment - backed by strong domes tic demand - to help the industry to develop. However, the lack of investment in modern infrastructure will hamper production growth in the short ter m. We expect long-term production growth in the country's all important grain sector due to government support, but even with the record crops in 2013/14 the country remained a net importer. We expect this to continue over the long term.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Wheat production growth to 2017/18 : 33.9% to 5.2mn tonnes . This will come on the back of steady growth in the country's wheat demand, a result of strong economic growth. Increased planting and productivity gains will also help to support output. The spectacular growth rate is due to based effects following 2012/13's drop in production.
- Corn consumption growth to 2018: 17.3% to 2.5mn tonnes. Demand growth will mainly be driven by a steadily expanding domestic livestock sector.
- Milk production growth to 2017/18: 23.0% to 2.9mn tonnes. Sustained growth will come from the commercialisation of the dairy sector and the move to large-scale mechanisation. These trends will be enforced by rising consumer demand for value-added marketed dairy products
- BMI universe agribusiness market value: 28.3% year-on-year increase to USD4.21bn in 2014, forecast to grow on average 12.8 % annually between 2014 and 2018.
- 2014 Real GDP growth: 2.9%, down from 4.3% in 2013. We forecast GDP growth to average 3.9% between 2014 and 2018.
- 2014 Consumer price inflation: 2.8% average, up from 1.9% in 2013.
Morocco took a further step to curb its state subsidy programme in February 2014,...
The Morocco Agribusiness Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for production, consumption and trade across core agricultural commodities.
BMI's Morocco Agribusiness Report includes independent commodity price forecasting and analysis for key agricultural outputs, an overview of the agribusiness competitive landscape and a discussion of the downstream context of agricultural production in relation to country food consumption forecasts and composite food and beverage trade forecasts.
- Use BMI's independent industry forecasts to test other views - a key input for successful planning in dynamic agribusiness markets.
- Apply BMI's medium-term commodity price analysis to assist with budgetary planning and the identification of investment opportunities and potential risks.
- Assess the activities and market position of your competitors, partners and clients.
BMI Industry View
An analytical summary of BMI's latest key industry forecasts and views, highlighting recent changes and key risks to the industry outlook for agribusiness in Morocco.
Industry SWOT Analysis
At-a-glance perspectives on the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats facing the agricultural industry.
BMI Supply & Demand Forecasts
Divided into sections based on various diverse sectors in the agriculture market, the chapter provides insight into each market's agricultural industry, centred on sector forecasts to end-2018 for the consumption, production and trade of key agricultural commodities.
Consumption forecasts are accompanied by a discussion of the main drivers of consumption growth: macroeconomic factors, food processing trends, price movements and, increasingly, demand from the non-food sector.
Production forecasts examine the trends influencing BMI's production outlook: global demand, price increases, public and private sector investment and agricultural efficiency improvements.
Trade forecasts are accompanied by a discussion of the factors influencing a country's trade in agricultural goods, including domestic demand, global prices and government trade policies.
BMI's forecasts are accompanied by a Risks- to-Outlook assessment, which examines potential factors that could affect our existing forecast picture and the likelihood of their occurrence.
BMI's Commodity Price Analysis
Fundamental and technical analysis of the short- and medium-term price outlook for key agricultural commodities, based on globally-recognised benchmarks.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- China Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- New Zealand Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Cameroon Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Italy Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Iran Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Philippines Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Egypt Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Nigeria Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Greece Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- South Korea Agribusiness Report Q3 2014