Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/18/2014 -- Hepatitis B, which is caused by the hepatitis B virus (HBV), is characterized by acute or chronic inflammation of the liver. Researchers and healthcare experts have estimated that roughly two billion people are infected with HBV worldwide, with roughly 600,000 people dying each year from HBV-related liver diseases. While the arrival of recombinant HBsAg vaccines has greatly reduced disease burden over the past two decades, questions surrounding vaccine uptake and effectiveness in adults, particularly in niche patient populations, still remain. GlobalData expects that the growing popularity of pediatric combination vaccines, along with the arrival of vaccines that achieve higher seroconversion rates in high-risk adults, will serve to stimulate growth in the marketplace over the forecast period. Country-specific immunization recommendations and policy implementation will be an essential metric for determining future vaccine uptake in the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan) and Canada.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
GlobalData's primary and secondary research has revealed that the reimbursement of Infanrix Hexa, which began in 2008, has helped France's routine HBV immunization program recover from safety concerns (CTV, 2012; Denis et al., 2013). The adult HBV vaccine market in Germany is also expected to grow during the forecast period, led by the arrival of Dynavax Technologies' Heplisav in the second half of 2018. GSK dominated Italy's HBV vaccine market in 2012. Sanofi Pasteur MSD's monovalent vaccine, HBVaxPro, accounted for the remaining market share. More specifically, GlobalData expects the arrival of Sanofi Pasteur MSD's Hexyon to be the principal driver of Spain's market growth, as it should compete with Infanrix Hexa for market share in the routine immunization program. GlobalData's primary research has revealed that challenging barriers to growth, such as poor funding mechanisms due to government spending concerns, inadequate physician education, and low patient awareness, will limit adult vaccine uptake and growth of this segment of the market in the UK.
- Overview of Hepatitis B disease including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in 5EU including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in 5EU from 2012-2022.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the 5EU Hepatitis B disease market.
Reasons to Get This Report
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Hepatitis B disease
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Engerix-B, Recombivax HB, Fendrix, Infanrix Hexa, Hexyon, Twinrix, Ambirix
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- PharmaPoint: Prophylactic Hepatitis B Virus Vaccines - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Prophylactic Hepatitis B Virus Vaccines - Canada Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Prophylactic Hepatitis B Virus Vaccines - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Engerix-B (Prophylactic Hepatitis B Virus Vaccines) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Ambirix (Prophylactic Hepatitis B Virus Vaccines) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Comvax (Prophylactic Hepatitis B Virus Vaccines) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Bimmugen (Prophylactic Hepatitis B Virus Vaccines) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Pediatric Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) Prophylactics - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Hemophilia A and B - UK Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Hemophilia A and B - Germany Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022