Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/15/2012 -- In an effort to streamline R&D activities, Roche is to shut down its research facility in Nutley, New Jersey, resulting in the loss of 1,000 jobs. By 2013, the company will transfer these R&D activities to sites in Switzerland and Germany. Despite the cuts in New Jersey, Roche is looking to establish a new center focusing on translational research on the US east coast.
- Details the contribution of each of Roche's major subsidiaries, Genentech and Chugai (along with internal development), to the company's performance.
- Offers an overview of the company's new molecular entity pipeline.
- Highlights reasons for the current exodus of the Pharma industry out of the 'garden state' of New Jersey.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The Big Pharma company is banking on its hugely successful Genentech-sourced R&D offering to return its top line to growth following two difficult trading years.
Indeed, based on the company's past and even near-term performance this would be a wise strategy, with Genentech bringing to market a plethora of blockbuster biologic therapies and exciting, first-to-market launches.
But in light of intensifying competition in the company's core oncology therapy area and increasingly cost-conscious markets, Roche's move to invest in expensive biotech-driven R&D could be considered to be high risk.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Assess the sources of Roche's historical and forecast sales growth, comparing its Genentech, Chugai and internal research arms
- Evaluate the benefits and risks of Roche's R&D strategy
- Identify other R&D collaborative/partnership strategies currently being employed by Pharma
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. (ROG) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Genentech, Inc. (DNA) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Genentech, Inc. - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Ipsen S.A. (IPN) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Product Profiles: Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- PDL BioPharma, Inc. (PDLI) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Pharmaceutical Diversification Trends 2012
- Arthritis Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Novel Oral JAK Inhibitors and Biologic Disease Modifying Anti-Rheumatic Drugs (DMARD) Will Drive Continued Growth Across Key Indications