Fast Market Research

New Market Study Published: Rosneft Rumored to Acquire Remaining 49% Stake in Itera for US$3 Billion - the Deal Would Further Strengthen Its Position in the Russian Natural Gas Market - Deal Analysis from GlobalData

New Energy research report from GlobalData is now available from Fast Market Research


Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/12/2013 -- OJSC Rosneft Oil Company (Rosneft) could acquire the remaining 49% stake in Itera Group (Itera) for a purchase consideration of US$3 billion. The transaction is expected to be completed in June or July of 2013. Earlier on July 20, 2012, Rosneft acquired a 6% stake in Itera. It subsequently, on August 6, 2012, acquired an additional 45% stake in the company, taking its total to 51%. If the rumored deal materializes, Rosneft's holding in Itera will increase from 51% to 100%.


- The report analyzes the rationale behind Rosneft's rumored plan to acquire the remaining 49% in Itera
- The report highlights how Rosneft is trying to strengthen its foothold in domestic natural gas market through aggressive inorganic growth route.
- Geography Covered - Russia

View Full Report Details and Table of Contents

Reasons to Get This Report

- To understand key advantages that Rosneft could be looking for through the rumored acquisition of 49% stake in Itera
- To be aware of intensifying competition for Gazprom in the domestic natural gas market with aggressive growth plans of Rosneft and Novatek.
- To be aware of Rosneft's plan to take inorganic growth route to strengthen its position in Russia's natural gas market

About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at or call us at 1.800.844.8156.

Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research

You may also be interested in these related reports:

- OAO Gazprom (GAZP) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- JSC Gazprom Neft (SIBN) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) - Oil & Gas - Advisory Profile
- Chevron Canada to Acquire 261,000 Net Acres in British Columbia from Apache Canada for US$550MM to Expand its Undeveloped Acreage Position in Proven and Emerging Natural Gas Basins in Canada - Deal Analysis from GlobalData
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- China National Petroleum Corporation - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Total S.A. (FP) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- LUKOIL Oil Company (LKOH) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- GDF SUEZ SA (GSZ) - Power - Deals and Alliances Profile