Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/23/2014 -- Slovakia: LTE and Fiber Help Operators Expand Service Portfolios and Drive Market Growth,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Slovakia's mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Slovakia market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony and broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, in addition to a review of key regulatory trends.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Mobile penetration in Slovakia reached 122% at the end of 2013, and the market generated $2.0bn in service revenue during the year.
- The number of fixed access lines grew by 2.5% in 2013, reaching 1.8m lines. In 2013, revenue from fixed services, including voice and Internet access, rose by 0.7% to $526m, driven by the broadband segment.
- The Slovak telecom market has been affected by a number of price caps introduced by the regulator over the past few years.
- Driven by intense competition and regulatory pressure, operators are looking at expanding their service portfolio and offering convergence services in order to drive revenue growth. In 2013, Orange Slovakia became the first operator to offer truly converged services.
"Slovakia: LTE and NGN Expand Service Portfolios and Drive Market Growth" provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Slovakia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2018. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Slovakia's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Slovakia in a regional context; a review of market size and trends, comparing them with those of other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Slovakia.
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data markets.
- The service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed and mobile sectors and by voice and data in between 2013 and 2018.
- The competitive landscape; an examination of key trends in competition and service providers' performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Slovak Telekom, Telefonica O2, Group PPF, Deutsche Telekom, Orange Slovakia, UPC, Liberty Global, Digi TV, Tetra Bank
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Singapore: As LTE and Fiber Subscriptions Multiply, Telecom Operators Focus on Data Services
- The Netherlands: LTE to Drive New Growth as Telecom Market Consolidation Speeds up
- United Kingdom: Investments in LTE and Fiber Broadband Networks Will Help Keep Revenue Stable
- Smartphone Strategies: How Devices Can Revitalize the Role of Operators in the Mobile Ecosystem
- Bulgaria: LTE Launch and Rural Broadband Expansion to Drive Telecom Market Growth
- Consumer Foodservice in Vietnam
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia
- LTE Strategy 2013 - 2018
- Consumer Foodservice in Chile
- Consumer Foodservice in the US