New Food research report from Euromonitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/03/2014 -- Sugar confectionery is expected to decline by 2% in current value terms in 2013, reaching EUR1.0 billion. This performance was linked to the difficult economic environment, which made Italians more cautious when purchasing sugar confectionery in order to limit their expenditure. At the same time the category was negatively impacted by the greater concerns of Italians about health and wellness, and the negative consequences of obesity.
Perfetti Van Melle is expected to reach a 30% value share in sugar confectionery in 2013, with sales of EUR305 million, remaining the leading company. The competitive advantages of the company are mainly the size of the company, which is able to invest in innovation and advertising, and a strong presence at points of sale. The company has a presence in about 70% of the points of sale in supermarkets.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
It is expected that in the forecast period sugar confectionary will see a negative constant value CAGR of 1%, reaching EUR992 million by 2018. The slow performance of the category will be due to the negative economic environment, as well as rising health and wellness issues amongst Italians, who are increasingly concerned about obesity, diabetes and the side-effects of a diet which is too rich in sugar.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Sugar Confectionery industry in Italy with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Sugar Confectionery industry in Italy, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Sugar Confectionery in Italy market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Sugar Confectionery in Italy?
- What are the major brands in Italy?
- Are consumers in developing markets abandoning comparatively cheaper sugar confectionery for chocolate?
- What are market opportunities for sugar-free products?
Reasons to Get This Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Sugar Confectionery Market in South Korea to 2016
- Sugar Confectionery Market in Venezuela to 2017
- Sugar Confectionery Market in the Netherlands to 2017
- Sugar Confectionery Market in Finland to 2017
- Sugar Confectionery Market in Saudi Arabia to 2017
- Sugar Confectionery Market in Czech Republic to 2017
- Sugar Confectionery Market in Austria to 2017
- Sugar Confectionery Market in Peru to 2017
- Sugar Confectionery Market in Ireland to 2017
- Sugar Confectionery Market in New Zealand to 2017