Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/24/2012 -- Islamic banking has witnessed significant growth since it was formally launched and has since been boosted by the repatriation of Middle Eastern funds and economic development in that region. Given the favourable demographic trends within core markets, growth is set to continue. In addition, major international financial services firms have launched Shariah-compliant businesses; The UK, US and Singapore all witnessed the establishment of independent Shariah-compliant financial institutions; and regulators of major Islamic banking markets agreed on regulatory standards governing Islamic banking activities. As the re-structuring of global financial services continues, and previously well established financial players attempt to re-position themselves with core audiences, many are arguing that Islamic banking practices have shielded institutions and their customers from the consequences of the credit crunch. As a result, shariah models have gained favour with non Muslim customers looking for an alternative financial model with a prominent moral foundation. At the same time industry observers feel that the continued expansion of product lines has the potential to blur the lines between Islamic and other 'more mainstream' types of finance.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Islamic finance Assets-Under-Management (AUM) grew at 18.8% per annum during the period 2006-2011.
- Iran alone accounts for around a 37% share of Islamic finance assets.
- Unlike conventional products in mature markets, where there is a lot of competition, Shariah-compliant products have a ready market due to significant customer demand.
- Customers of Shariah-compliant products tend to have a more favourable risk profile compared to customers of conventional consumer finance products.
- Although Shariah-compliant vehicle financing is structured differently by institution and country, one of the major issues being faced by financial institutions is the lack of customer understanding of the unique features of these Shariah-compliant products.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the global Islamic finance market
- It details historical values for the Islamic finance market
- The report provides a detailed analysis on key trends and drivers, marketing strategies, and challenges in the global Islamic finance market
- It details the marketing strategies adopted by various banks
- It profiles the major banks operating in the Islamic finance sector
Reasons to Get this Report
- Understand Islamic finance
- Gain insight on the principles governing financial and business activities in Islam
- Identify the growth drivers in the Islamic consumer finance and retail banking industry
- Assess the competitive dynamics of the Islamic finance industry
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Bank Rakyat Malaysia, Bank Islam Malaysia, LaRiba, Bank Aljazira, Saudi Arabia"
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Consumer Finance
- Global Thrifts & Mortgage Finance
- Global Business Survey: Revenue Growth Trends and Key Markets for Growth in 2012-2013
- Global Business Survey: M and A Trends and Key Markets for Growth in 2012-2013
- Global Defense Survey 2012
- Global Packaging Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global PackagingIndustry
- Global Power Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Power Industry
- Global Pharmaceutical Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Pharmaceutical Industry
- Global Mining Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Mining Industry
- Global Mining Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Mining Industry