Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/06/2014 -- The Bangladeshi insurance industry is highly competitive. Key factors affecting the performance of the industry during the review period included fierce competition in the non-life segment, the rising market shares of private insurance companies, and the increasing level of risk being retained by insurers. The Bangladeshi insurance industry increased at a CAGR of 16.0% during the review period (2008-2012), supported primarily by the life insurance segment.
- The life insurance segment recorded a significant review-period CAGR of 16.4%, driven by the country's large population, robust economic growth, increased promotional efforts by private insurance companies, rising disposable income levels and increased awareness of the need for insurance.
- The insurance industry in Bangladesh registered low combined and loss ratios in all three insurance segments - life, non-life and personal accident and health - during the review period.
- Its large population will continue to be a key growth driver for the insurance industry, especially in the life segment, over the forecast period.
- Life insurance led the Bangladeshi insurance industry during the review period, accounting for a 76.9% share of gross written premiums in 2012.
- The Bangladeshi insurance industry is fragmented and led by state-owned companies.
- In 2012, 18 insurers operated in the life segment and 44 were present in the non-life segment.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the insurance industry in Bangladesh:
- It provides historical values for the Bangladeshi insurance industry for the report's 2008-2012 review period, and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments and categories in Bangladeshi insurance industry, along with forecasts until 2017
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- It profiles the top insurance companies in Bangladesh, and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Get This Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast industry data related to the Bangladeshi insurance industry and each segment within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key trends and growth opportunities within the Bangladeshi insurance industry
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the the Bangladeshi insurance industry
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key segments
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Bangladeshi insurance industry and its impact on companies and the industry's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Jiban Bima Corporation, Sadharan Bima Corporation, Green Delta Insurance Company Ltd, National Life Insurance Co. Ltd, Delta Life Insurance Company Ltd,
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian life segment's written premium fell from EUR7.4 billion in 2008 to EUR6.5 billion in 2012.
- Non-Life Insurance in France, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian non-life segments written premium value grew from EUR6.5 billion in 2008 to EUR7.1 billion in 2012.
- Life Insurance in France, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Thailand, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Trinidad & Tobago, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Belarus, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Ukraine, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017