New Healthcare research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/20/2013 -- Despite a challenging pricing and reimbursement situation, BMI still believes the market is attractive in the long term as higher y-o-y growth rates return from 2013/14. In contrast to European markets where manufacturers can expect to achieve higher prices, but with a stagnant growth outlook, Turkey offers strong growth potential if drugmakers are able to accept a price that is considerably below the European average and turn a profit on the low margins available.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: TRY16.39bn (US$9.11bn) in 2012 to TRY17.16bn (US$8.89bn) in 2013; +4.7% in local currency and -2.4% US dollar terms. Local currency forecast unchanged from previous quarter. - - Healthcare: TRY96.98bn (US$53.88bn) in 2012 to TRY109.66bn (US$56.82bn) in 2013; +13.1% in local currency and +5.5% US dollar terms. Local currency forecast broadly unchanged from previous quarter.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Turkey's Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Rating (RRR) score for Q114 is 56.5, down from 58 in the previous quarter. Turkey's comparative ranking remains unchanged. The country is again ranked the fifth most attractive business environment out of the 20 markets surveyed in Emerging Europe. Turkey's large drug market, coupled with the sector's long-term growth potential, means that the country scores relatively well for rewards in spite of a slight downward adjustment to our appraisal for this quarter. In terms of risks, several rounds of pricing reforms mean that the country scores closer to the regional average.
Key Trends And Developments
- In August 2013, Russian biotechnology company Biocad signed a definitive agreement with Turkish pharmaceutical company Kocak Pharma. Under the terms of the agreement, Kocak Pharma will gain exclusive rights to supply Biocad's biosimilar version of Roche's cancer drug MabThera (rituximab) in Turkey for five years. MabThera is used to treat B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in adults. Kocak Pharma will be also be responsible for providing data required to register the drug. Kocak will supply Biocad's drug in Turkey under its own brand name.
- In October 2013 it was announced that the Turkish health ministry planned to introduce a new drug pricing list due to the recent shortage of drugs in the country, according to Hakki Gursoz, the vice-president of Economic Research from the Turkish Medicines and Medical Devices Agency of the Ministry of Health. The new drug list is scheduled to be introduced by end-2013.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Slovenia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- Latvia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- Croatia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- Netherlands Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- Australia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- Nigeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- Oman Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- Mexico Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- Central America Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- Poland Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)