Fast Market Research recommends "UK Commercial Motor Insurance: Competitor Dynamics" from Datamonitor, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/12/2013 -- The commercial motor insurance market remains unprofitable and under pressure to see through sufficient rate increases. Reported year COR for the line presented a better picture in 2012, reflected in improving operating ratios for eight of the top 10 insurers. However, reserve releases played a significant role in this, with underlying market performance found to be slightly weaker than in 2011.
Scope of this Report
- Gauge the performance of the top commercial motor insurers by GWP growth and market share across fleet and non-fleet segments.
- Gain insight into which market players have achieved sustainable growth, with analysis of combined, loss, commission, and management cost ratios.
- See which insurers were the most selected provider for commercial motor insurance by surveyed brokers and SME businesses.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
A majority of the commercial motor insurance market's top 10 competitors by GWP were unable to achieve CORs below 100% in 2012. Only Direct Line Group (with a COR of 61.9%) and Allianz (80.6%) succeeded in this task.
Direct Line Group continues to lag in comparison to the top 10 on expense ratio, which in 2012 remained the highest among this group at 36.7%.
Allianz continued to improve COR figures with reserve releases in 2012, but this bolstered a fundamentally profitable book, with underwriting profit increasing.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Which companies were the top players in the commercial motor insurance market in 2012?
- How profitable were the top commercial property insurers in 2012?
- In which areas of performance have the top 10 insurers improved and where is further action needed in 2013?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- UK Commercial Motor Insurance: Market Dynamics and Opportunities
- Non-Life Insurance in Egypt, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Non-Life Insurance in Germany, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Australia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Brazil, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Mexico, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Romania, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in South Korea, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- UK Commercial General Insurance 2012