New Food research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/30/2014 -- The victory of Nicolas Maduro of the ruling Partido Socialista Unido de Venezuela in April will most probably ensure the continuity of many of the interventionist policies of Chavez's era. Price fixing in particular continues to be a source of woe for producers unable to meet input costs which are soaring in line with some of the highest rates of inflation in the world. Some respite has arrived in the form of a 20% rise in the government-fixed price of food items including beef, chicken and dairy products, but even this will fall short of the rate of inflation which is expected to increase 30% year-on-year in 2013. Inflation is also contributing to the diminishing purchasing power of Venezuelan households, while foreign currency shortages after a pre-election spending boom are causing shortages of some imported goods.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Corn consumption growth to 2017: 8.1% to 4.16mn tonnes. Consumers hit by economic turmoil will turn to the cheapest staple food, more than compensating for reduced demand from the livestock sector.
- Coffee production growth to 2016/17: 34.3% to 940,000 60kg bags. The hike in government prices and increased investment in small farms will see some recovery in supply.
- Beef production growth to 2017: down 1.4% to 365,000 tonnes. High input costs, cheaper Mercosur competitors and reduced domestic demand will stymie growth.
- BMI universe agribusiness market value: US$4.31bn in 2014 (up 0.6% from US$4.29bn in 2013; forecast to grow annually by 0.7% on average from 2013 to 2017).
- 2014 real GDP growth: 1.5% (down from 2.0% in 2013; forecast to grow annually by 2.5% on average between 2013 and 2017).
- 2014 consumer price index: 39.1% year-on-year (y-o-y) (down from 41.7% in 2013; forecast to grow annually by 29.9% on average between 2013 and 2017).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- India Agribusiness Report Q1 2014
- Colombia Agribusiness Report Q1 2014
- New Zealand Agribusiness Report Q1 2014
- Malaysia Agribusiness Report Q1 2014
- Cameroon Agribusiness Report Q1 2014
- Nigeria Agribusiness Report Q1 2014
- Vietnam Agribusiness Report Q1 2014
- China Agribusiness Report Q1 2014
- Philippines Agribusiness Report Q1 2014
- Thailand Agribusiness Report Q1 2014
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)