Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/05/2014 -- Certain large consumer electronics suppliers, such as Sony, have entered into the wearable technology arena while others, such as Apple, have yet to stake a claim into what we see as a multi-billion dollar transformative industry. Wearable technology today represents an array of products including watches, wristbands, and various clothing items. There is not yet a clear winner, nor do we believe there is a need for one. However, our analysis does point towards winners in certain key battlegrounds such as smartwatch vs. smart wristband.
Wearable technology represents a monumental shift of business practices and even new business models for device manufacturers, content and application providers, and service providers. The future wearable technology ecosystem will be centered around consumer use of Body Area Networks (BAN) and related technology including wristbands and watches, electronic skin/tattoo, and electronically enhanced clothing. Additional support technologies include Augmented Reality (AR), sensors and sensor networks, and a variety of short-range communications modalities. We see additional opportunities for 4G communications and beyond to utilize ambient awareness and peer-to-peer communication via LTE Direct.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This research evaluates the wearable technology marketplace with emphasis on vendors, strategies, applications and development. In this report, we analyze the current wearable devices vendors and their products. We also provide market analysis for the future of the industry and anticipated direction over the course of the next five years.
- Top mobile executives see wearable computing devices as the next big thing in the mobile industry.
- The smart wristband will ultimately win the battle against the smartwatch - learn why and how in this report.
- The wearable technology ecosystem is highly fragmented, consisting of many vendors, and many ideas of what will be successful in the marketplace.
- The entire wireless ecosystem (actually it goes beyond wireless to include advertising, commerce, and more) will evolve to a wearable-centric model.
- The wearable transformation will be both a huge opportunity and also a big threat to wireless carriers as business models evolve along with the new wearable-centric ecosystem.
- Consumer electronics suppliers should partner with wireless carriers in support of a variety of applications and new business models involving new technologies.
- We see the Wearable Ecosystem evolving along with the evolutions of other key areas such as broadband wireless technologies, devices, sensing systems, etc.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Telecom and Computing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Real-Time Location Systems (RTLS) Market by Product (Tags, Sensors, Software), Technology (Wi-Fi, RFID, Infrared, Ultrasound, UWB, Zigbee), Application, Industry Vertical (Healthcare, Logistics, Manufacturing, Retail) & Geography 2013 - 2020
- Wearable Electronics Market and Technology Analysis (2013 - 2018): By Components (Sensors, Battery, Display, Networking); Applications (Consumer, Healthcare, Enterprise); Products (Smart -Textiles, Glasses, Watches);e-Materials & Geography
- Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp. (CTSH) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Technology Solutions Co. (TSCC) - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- TELEDATA TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS LTD. (BSE:533089) - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- CenturyLink Technology Solutions - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Wearable Technology in Industry Verticals 2013-2018
- Facial Recognition Market [Emotion; Thermal; Mobile; Forensic; 2D; 3D; Cloud-based Facial Recognition]: Global Advancements, Emerging Applications, Business Models and Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Cognizant Technology Solutions : Technology and Communications - Company Profile, SWOT and Financial Report