Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Zambia Mining Report Q3 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/07/2014 -- News: The Indian Ministry of Shipping has been urged by the Chennai Port Trust (ChPT) to merge the Kamarajar Port with ChPT or bring it under ChPT's control. The merging is attributed to loss of cargo to the Kamarajar port and evading unhealthy competition between the two ports. In addition to this, the trust has also requested the ministry to sustain a business incentive for the diversion of cargo after Kamarajar Port failed to absorb additional labour as per Madras High Court's ruling. The request was made as ChPT is estimated to post losses worth INR1.96bn (US$316mn) in FY13/14, compared with an earlier revised estimate of about INR1.2bn (US$193mn). ChPT is also expected to register a fall in the targeted throughput from the estimated 54mn tonnes (mt) to 51mt, leading to an INR310mn (US$4.99mn) decline in operating income in the reported period (the Hindu Business Line).
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The Zambia Mining Report has been researched at source and features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s mining and commodity forecasts for metals, minerals and gems, covering all major indicators including reserves, production, exports and values. The report also analyses trends and prospects, national and multinational companies and changes in the regulatory environment.
BMI's Zambia Mining Report provides industry strategists, service companies, company analysts and consultants, government departments, trade associations and regulatory bodies with BMI's independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the mining industry in Zambia.
- Use BMI's independent industry forecasts on Zambia to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and planning in this mining market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Zambia's mining sector through our reviews of latest mining industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Zambia.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity), Key Projects Tables and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key forecasts and industry analysis, covering mining reserves, supply, demand and prices, plus analysis of landmark company developments and key changes in the regulatory environment.
Business Environment Ratings
BMI's Mining Business Environment Ratings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Ratings index aimed at investors (mining companies and support service providers) in the regional mining market. The ratings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points and is part of BMI's integrated Country Risk-Industry Ratings products.
Details and analysis of all current and planned developments (new ventures, capacity expansion and other investments) across the sector broken down by metal/ore.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series (2009-2012) and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and economic indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast. Indicators include:
- Mining Industry: Industry size (US$mn), real growth (%), % of GDP, employment ('000), workforce as % of total workforce, average wage (US$).
- Output:Production volumes ('000 tonnes, carats etc.) for all major metals, minerals, ores and gems mined in each state, including bauxite, copper, gold, coal, lead, silver, tin, titanium, uranium, zinc etc.
- Exports: Value of exports (US$mn) for all major metals, minerals, ores and gems mined in each state .
- Commodity Markets: Global demand, supply, stocks and benchmark prices (US$) for aluminium, copper, lead, nickel, tin, zinc, gold and steel.
BMI Macroeconomic Forecasts
BMI forecasts to end-2018 for all headline macroeconomic indicators, including real GDP growth (%), inflation (%), fiscal balance (% of GDP), trade balance (US$bn), current account (US$bn) and external debt (US$bn).
Competitive Landscape Tables & Analysis
Comparative company analyses and tables detailing by US$ sales, % share of total sales, number of employees, year established, market cap/NAV, ownership structure, production and % market share.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Namibia Mining Report Q3 2014
- Botswana Mining Report Q3 2014
- India Mining Report Q3 2014
- Congo, Dem. Rep. Mining Report Q3 2014
- Mozambique Mining Report Q3 2014
- MENA Mining Report Q3 2014
- Kazakhstan Mining Report Q3 2014
- Chile Mining Report Q3 2014
- Mongolia Mining Report Q3 2014
- Ghana Mining Report Q3 2014