Fast Market Research recommends "Qatar Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/18/2013 -- We have a bright outlook for Qatar's consumer electronics market and forecast it will grow by a CAGR of 9.5% to 2017 in US dollar terms. This positive outlook is underpinned by strong macroeconomic fundamentals, with real private and government consumption growth estimated at 8% and 12% respectively in 2013. Within the consumer electronics sector, an evolving retail landscape, as telecoms operators push smartphones and tablets, will stimulate sales, as will the popularity of new technologies and form factors such as tablets and laptop hybrids in the computer market.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer Hardware Sales: We forecast growth from US$624mn in 2013 to US$888mn in 2017, a CAGR of 9.2% in US dollar terms. Rapid growth of tablet sales as the market deepens following competition for Apple from Windows 8 and Android devices, as well as the nascent hybrid/convertible market, will drive sales.
- AV Sales: We forecast growth from US$368mn in 2013 to US$517mn in 2017, CAGR of 9% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms unchanged, with flat-screen, Smart and 3D TV sets the main growth driver due to a high penetration of existing TV sets, requiring innovation to spur spending in the upgrade market.
- Handset Sales: We forecast growth from US$119mn in 2013 to US$186mn in 2017, a CAGR of 12.5% in US dollar terms. Operator promotions and intense competition between leading international vendors and newer vendors from China will prove a catalyst for smartphone demand growth.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Qatar received an improved score of 56.2 out of 100.0 in MEA CE RRR table.
Key Trends & Developments
- The release of Microsoft's Windows 8 in October 2012 and Intel's new Haswell chipsets in June 2013 has ushered in a new period of innovation that will shape the PC market over the coming years. The launch of Windows 8 gave a wider range of vendors access to a touch compatible OS, which has sparked competition in terms of price and design that is deepening the tablet and laptop market. Haswell chips are also enabling more slimline design and longer battery life, enabling vendors to create hybrids/ convertibles and ultra-slim notebooks that leverage Microsoft's traditional strength in productivity software. These new devices should challenge the tablet-notebook distinction, which could potentially undermine the success of Apple, which has found a receptive customer base in Qatar for its iPad, as well as Android partner vendors which began to gain traction in the tablet market in 2012.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Indonesia Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013
- Malaysia Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013
- Chile Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013
- Thailand Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013
- Turkey Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013
- Colombia Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013
- Venezuela Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013
- Argentina Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013
- Bulgaria Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013
- Philippines Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013