New Food research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/24/2013 -- Over 2013, Qatar's economic growth will be largely driven by the non-hydrocarbon sector, with expanding domestic consumption and progress on infrastructure investments fuelling economic activity. However, weaker performance in the hydrocarbon sector will drag down overall growth, and we expect Qatar's real GDP to expand by 5.0% in 2013, down from an estimated 6.0% in 2012.
Headline Industry Data (local currency)
- 2013 food consumption growth = +4.5%; five-year forecast to 2017 = +29.8%.
- 2013 soft drinks value sales = +6.4%; five-year forecast to 2017 = +41.4%.
- 2013 mass grocery retail sales = +5.6%; five-year forecast to 2017 = +38.3%.
- 2013 supermarket sales = +2.6%; five-year forecast to 2017 = +22.6%.
Key Industry Trends And Developments
Coca-Cola Makes Middle East Deal: The recent formation of two beverage companies in Saudi Arabia, Aujan Coca-Cola Beverages Company and Rani Refreshments, seals the largest ever investment made by a multinational firm in the Middle East's fast-moving consumer goods sector. Following Coca-Cola's US $980mn purchase of approximately 50% of Aujan's beverage business in late 2011, the deal signals the impressive growth opportunities developing in the region's drink sector.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
SPAR International Launches In Gulf: In early 2013 SPAR International announced plans to launch in the Gulf region, aiming to have 30 stores in the region by the end of 2015. The retailer is partnering with Abu Dhabi Cooperative Society, a local retailer, for its Middle East entry and expansion. Abu Dhabi Cooperative Society will open Spar stores in the UAE under licence. The group will also have the option to sub-license Spar 'to suitable partners' in the wider Middle East and North Africa region. The first store in Qatar will open in 2013.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Croatia Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- Greece Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- Italy Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- Kuwait Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- United Arab Emirates Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Malaysia Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- United Kingdom Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- Bulgaria Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- Serbia Food & Drink Report Q2 2013
- Slovenia Food & Drink Report Q2 2013