Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Russia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/03/2013 -- Russia's pharmaceutical market continues to be one of the most attractive in the Emerging Europe region, primarily due to its sheer market size, growing economy and increasing government investment in healthcare. The main transformation in the market over the last decade has been the growth of the state's role, both in establishing an industrial policy and investing in production for the first time since the end of the Soviet Union. Key drivers of growth for pharmaceuticals include programmes to fund medicines for specific segments and disease groups, as well as a pledged universal medicines insurance system due to be put into place later in the decade. Russia's recent World Trade Organization accession should drive improvements in the country's intellectual property (IP) environment, and enforcement in particular, which has been conspicuously lacking.
Headline Expenditure Projections:
- Pharmaceuticals: RUB756.97bn (US$24.81bn) in 2013 to RUR842.81bn (US$25.73bn) in 2014; +11.2% in local currency terms and 10.4% in US dollar terms. Our forecast is upgraded from Q112 due to recalculation of market value and upgraded macroeconomic forecasts.
- Healthcare: RUB2,907.89bn (US$89.47bn) in 2013 to RUB3,195.48n (US$97.57bn) in 2014; +9.9% in local currency terms and +9.1% in US dollar terms. Forecast is largely unchanged from Q412.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Risk/Reward Ratings: Russia's Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Rating (RRR) score for Q213 is unchanged from the previous quarter. This is the case for all other countries in BMI's proprietary system, which ranks pharmaceutical markets according to their attractiveness to multinational drugmakers. A minor re-weighting of one of the RRR components is being implemented to improve the tool, and the adjusted scores for all markets will be published in the Q312 updates of the Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare reports. Russia has a RRR score of 58.0 out of 100.0, making it the second-most attractive pharmaceutical market in Emerging Europe.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Jordan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2013
- Morocco Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2013
- Israel Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2013
- India Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2013
- Iraq Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2013
- Saudi Arabia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2013
- Estonia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2013
- Malaysia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2013
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2013
- Turkey Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2013