Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Thailand Information Technology Report Q3 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/13/2014 -- Thailand's IT market has been negatively impacted by the economic and political environment. Political tensions, high household debt and baht depreciation all weigh on our forecast in 2014, but we expect the situation to improve markedly from 2015. Over the medium term s trong growth is forecast across all IT segments makes the Thai IT market one of the largest and fastest growing in the region. Drivers such as high private final consumption and the economy's strong growth trajectory will support the market's expected expansion. In addition, fundamentals such as increasing connectivity and the falling price of devices are enabling a wider range of potential users to enter the market. We see strongest growth in product categories such as tablets , cloud computing, big data analytics, real-time business management systems and enterprise software adoption among SMEs.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer Hardware Sales: THB157.4bn in 2014 to THB190.7bn in 2018, with CAGR of 4.9%. Desktop and notebook demand will stabilize while tablet demand will continue to grow robustly, boosted by the increasing variety of low-cost tablets reaching the market.
- Software Sales: THB33.8bn in 2014 to THB48.7bn in 2018, at a CAGR of 9.6% 2014-2018. Key drivers will be enterprise IT investments, particularly among SMEs that are looking to control costs and achieve scale.
- IT Services Sales: THB70.7bn in 2014 to THB108.2bn in 2018, with a CAGR of 11.2%. We expect IT services will be the outperforming segment of the IT market as cloud computing demand growth drives growth.
Key Trends & Developments
The Thai IT hardware market has been transformed by the competition from tablets, which has resulted in cannibalisation of demand for traditional form factors such as desktops and notebooks. In volume terms the desktop and notebook market contracted by almost 20% in 2013, according to IDC data. While the market fared poorly in 2013, this was also a...
The Thailand Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Thailand Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Thailand.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- South Africa Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Philippines Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Venezuela Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- China Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Israel Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Czech Republic Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Hungary Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Sri Lanka Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Turkey Information Technology Report Q3 2014