New Computer Technology market report from Business Monitor International: "United Arab Emirates Information Technology Report Q1 2015"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/21/2015 -- Etisalat's adoption of Microsoft Lync, which can connect people across Windows and other operating systems, including mobile devices, supports BMI's view that heavy investments in next generation mobile broadband networks and the proliferation of smartphones has laid the foundations for growth in the region's enterprise mobility solutions market. We expect Microsoft's cloud-based mobility solutions to continue to be a key selling point for its software in the UAE an d across the Middle East.
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer Hardware Sales: AED8.585bn in 2014 to AED8.780bn in 2015, +2.3% in local currency terms. Growth in the corporate segment will offset stagnating growth of consumer products.
Software Sales: AED3.005bn in 2014 to AED3.549bn in 2015, +18.1% in local currency terms. The UAE is one of the region's fastest growing ERP markets as modernisation initiatives continue in an effort to increase international competitiveness.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
IT Services Sales: AED5.580bn in 2014 to AED6.351bn in 2015, +13.8% in local currency terms. Managed services will be a leading growth area, with growth of cloud computing and real-time analytics accelerating.
Key Trends & Developments
Microsoft has employed a variety of measures to boost its presence in the region, for example expanding availability of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online to the UAE in October 2014, with further plans to offer the solution in Egypt, Oman and Saudi Arabia, and launching a software as a service (SaaS) portal in partnership with the UAE's Pacific Controls Cloud Services in April 2014. In May 2014, Microsoft also started allowing local original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in the Middle East to install Windows Mobile 8.1 operating system on their devices for free. Based on these efforts, as well as on its success in capturing major contracts in the region, BMI has a bullish outlook on Microsoft's growth prospects in the Middle East. However, it will continue to face tough...
The United Arab Emirates Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's United Arab Emirates Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in United Arab Emirates.
- Benchmark BMI's independent IT Industry forecasts for United Arab Emirates to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and strategic business planning in the Emirati IT market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in United Arab Emirates's IT sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes, and major deals, projects and investments in United Arab Emirates.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI?s key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering IT, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the IT sector and within the broader telecommunications, political, economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecast
Historic data series (2010-2013) and forecasts to end-2019 for all key industry and economic indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
- IT Sector: Industry value (USDmn); IT sector contribution to GDP (%); value of hardware, software and services industry (USDmn); PC, peripherals and software imports and exports (USDmn); PC, peripherals and software sales (USDmn); number of PCs (?000); PCs per 100 inhabitants; internet users (?000); internet users per 100 inhabitants; broadband subscribers (?000); broadband subscribers per 100 inhabitants.
- Economy: Economic growth (%); nominal GDP (USDbn); unemployment (%); interest rates (%); exchange rate (against USD).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United Kingdom Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Hong Kong Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Vietnam Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- United Arab Emirates Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- United Arab Emirates Power Report Q1 2015