Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/03/2014 -- We forecast a modest recovery in the UK steel industry. In line with European counterparts, the UK metals industry has been rocked by low profitability that has led to capacity reductions and disinvestment. However, the worst is probably over for the UK, as slightly stronger domestic demand and recent investment from international firms such as SSI and TATA Steel should arrest the slide in sector fortunes.
We expect the UK autos industry to provide a much needed boost to domestic steel demand, as both vehicle demand and production continue to recover. However, conditions for firms in the steel industry will remain challenging due to a combination of low output prices, high input costs, regulation and weak external demand for UK steel exports. Opportunities for local firms exist in servicing domestic manufacturing such as autos and demand for high end steel products in fast growing but lower technology emerging markets.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Metals & Mining - Global Group of Eight (G8) Industry Guide
- Metals & Mining: Global Industry Guide
- United States Metals Report Q1 2014
- United States Mining Report Q1 2014
- Czech Republic Metals Report Q1 2014
- United Kingdom Power Report Q1 2014
- United Kingdom Tourism Report Q1 2014
- United Kingdom Commercial Banking Report Q1 2014
- United Kingdom Defence & Security Report Q1 2014
- United Kingdom Business Forecast Report Q1 2014