New Construction market report from Business Monitor International: "Yemen Infrastructure Report Q4 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/27/2014 -- Yemen's construction sector continues to post only modest growth despite significant upside potential . Security risks , combined with political uncertainty, have prevented much needed investment. We predict real industry growth of 3.8% in 2014 and an average of 2.1% over the forecast period until 2023 .
Key developments in the sector:
- Indian power equipment manufacturer Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Electricity and Energy of Yemen for setting up solar photovoltaic (PV) based power plants across the country. The MoU was signed by BHEL Chairman and Managing Director, B Prasada Rao, and Yemen's Minister of Electricity and Energy, Saleh Hassan Sumie. Currently, BHEL is building a 400MW gas turbine based power plant in Marib Phase-II.
- Punj Lloyd secured an expressway contract from Yemen's Ministry of Public Works and Highways. The INR12.7bn (USD211.4mn) project will be funded by the Saudi Development Fund and involves construction of a 42km, dual carriageway between Doraigh and Noubat Dokaim, Yemen. The project work includes building a carriageway, road paving, two concrete overpass bridges and box, and a pipe culvert. The work also comprises excavation of more than 10mn m 3, surface sealing and associated infrastructure work.
- Recent months have seen the security situation in Yemen worsening steadily and we expect security risks to remain elevated over the coming quarters, ensuring that foreign and domestic investment into infrastructure remains modest in 2014. One recent incident in February 2014 security forces in the Yemeni port city of Aden foiled an attack on the Gulf of Aden oil refinery.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
With the 34-year rule of President Ali Abdullah Saleh at an end, we point to the colossal social, economic and political challenges that his successor will face. We emphasise that the risk of widespread political instability will remain high for many years to come.
On top of its...
The Yemen Infrastructure Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and forecasts covering public procurement and spending on all major infrastructure and construction projects, including transportation and logistics by land, sea and air; power plants and utilities, and commercial construction and property development. The report analyses the impact of regulatory changes and the macroeconomic outlook and features competitive intelligence on contractors and suppliers.
BMI's Yemen Infrastructure Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Yemeni infrastructure and construction industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent infrastructure industry forecasts for Yemen to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the Yemeni infrastructure market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Yemeni infrastructure sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Yemen.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering infrastructure and construction, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant multinational and national company developments.
These are broken down into Construction (social, commercial and residential), Transport (roads, railways, ports, airports etc), and Energy & Utilities (powerplants, renewable projects, pipelines and so on).
Analysis of latest projects across the infrastructure sector (covering the transport, utilities and commercial construction sub-sectors) - including:
Market Overview:Analysis of the key elements driving developments, including evaluations of current capacity and future requirements.
Building Materials Overview
The building materials overview provides industry trend analysis on the global and regional demands for building materials and the impact of this on the emerging and developed markets.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Infrastructure Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (construction companies, suppliers and partners) in the regional infrastructure market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data point.
Industry SWOT Analysis
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Singapore Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Malaysia Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Canada Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Australia Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Vietnam Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Poland Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Indonesia Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Saudi Arabia Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- South Korea Infrastructure Report Q4 2014