Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/03/2014 -- Active marketing campaigns by players such as Marigold and Yakult raised consumers' awareness of the benefits of yoghurt such as aiding digestion. This in turn continued to attract consumer interest in yoghurt during 2013, especially with consumers' rising health consciousness. As a result, yoghurt and sour milk drinks registered relatively high current value growth in 2013, albeit slightly slower than in 2012.
Malaysia Milk Sdn Bhd led yoghurt and sour milk drinks with a 37% value share in 2013, which was an increase from 2012. Consumers' increasingly aware of the benefits of pre/pro biotic drinking yoghurt benefitted the performance of its Vitagen brand during 2013. The player's active campaigns, such as Vitagen World Digestive Health Day 2013 and Vitagen Healthy Digest Walk, further reinforced consumers' brand awareness.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Yoghurt and sour milk drinks is expected to witness positive constant value growth over the forecast period. Rising health consciousness of consumers will remain the key driver for yoghurt in the forecast period as they are more willing to pick up yoghurt for its health benefits such as improving digestive health. Players will also continue their strong marketing efforts in order to drive consumer awareness of the benefits of yoghurt. They will also seek to enhance the overall nutritional content of yoghurt with fortified/functional or better-for-you ingredients.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Yoghurt and Sour Milk Drinks industry in Malaysia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Yoghurt and Sour Milk Drinks industry in Malaysia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Yoghurt and Sour Milk Drinks in Malaysia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Yoghurt and Sour Milk Drinks in Malaysia?
- What are the major brands in Malaysia?
- Which variety of yoghurt is performing better - spoonable or drinking?
- In the wake of recent controversies, what does the future hold for functional probiotic products?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Germany
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Colombia
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Macedonia
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Brazil
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Finland
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in the Czech Republic
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in India
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Romania
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Mexico
- Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Norway