Recently published research from GlobalData, "Zoladex (Prostate Cancer) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/03/2013 -- GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, "Zoladex (Prostate Cancer) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022". The recent approvals of second-line metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) therapies like J&J's Zytiga (abiraterone acetate) and Medivation/Astellas' Xtandi (enzalutamide) will drive strong market growth over the next decade. These safe and orally administered treatments will provide safety and convenience benefits over the current standard of care, chemotherapy with docetaxel, while prolonging the overall survival of patients with mCRPC. The December 12, 2012 FDA approval of Zytiga for the added indication of chemotherapy-naive mCRPC marks the onset of a new treatment paradigm for the disease, in which chemotherapy is relegated to second-line therapy and beyond. For patients with earlier-stage prostate cancer, androgen deprivation therapy with LHRH agonists and first-generation antiandrogens remains the standard of care for suppressing testosterone levels and temporarily controlling the disease.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
AstraZeneca's Zoladex is a subcutaneous implant that delivers goserelin acetate, a synthetic analog of LHRH. It is classified as an LHRH receptor agonist (Zoladex Prescribing Information, 2010). It binds to the LHRH receptor and prevents the pituitary gland from secreting luteinizing hormone. Without luteinizing hormone, the testes do not produce testosterone. Since testosterone is known to drive the progression of prostate cancer, LHRH analogs are commonly used in ADT regimens. Zoladex is commonly used to control hormone-sensitive prostate cancer, and to maintain castrate levels of testosterone in patients with CRPC.
- Overview of Prostate cancer, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Zoladex including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Zoladex for the top nine countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, Japan, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy , Canada, and Australia
Reasons to Get This Report
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Prostate cancer
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Zoladex performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Zoladex from 2012-2022 in nine markets (US, Japan, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy , Canada, and Australia)
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- PharmaPoint: Prostate Cancer - United States Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Prostate Cancer - United Kingdom Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Prostate Cancer - Italy Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Prostate Cancer - Germany Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Prostate Cancer - France Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Prostate Cancer - Canada Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Prostate Cancer - Australia Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Prostate Cancer - Spain Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Prostate Cancer - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Global Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market (2010 - 2020) (Opportunity Analysis, Pipeline Assessment & Market Forecast)