Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “Global Mobile Broadband/Mobile Internet / 3G/4G Tariff Tracker and Analysis” research report to their website http://www.MarketResearchReports.com
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/18/2015 -- The July 2015 edition of the quarterly Tariff Consultancy Ltd (TCL) Global Mobile Internet/Mobile Broadband Price Tracker (Q2-15) subscription service highlights the increase in the size of Data bundles available as data usage intensifies worldwide.
- TCL has tracked Mobile Internet and Mobile Broadband prices since 2007 and provides tariffs and analysis for 140 MNOs in 66 countries including 2,117 plans and options.
- TCL has seen a continued increase in mobile data packages of more than 10 GB which now accounts for almost 37 per cent by all number of plans surveyed.
- The average rate per GB (Giga-Byte) for the 10 GB plus plans is now Euro €1.60 per GB, almost one tenth of the entry-level (500 MB) plan of Euro €15.88 per GB.
- TCL finds that MNOs are introducing "unlimited" data plans during the last quarter, which in fact have a very high data allowance, including:
- Bahrain: 4G LTE Home & Mobile Broadband with a 1000 GB data allowance
- Denmark: with a 500 GB data allowance
- Bahrain: with a 500 GB data allowance
- Kuwait: with a 500 GB data allowance
Other new mobile data price trends identified in the Q2-15 survey include:
- New Pre Pay services: For example with Bulgarian operator provides a one day or one week internet add on for Pre Pay customers.
- New Data Sharing: For example with Hungarian operator providing data sharing (with a charge for an extra SIM card).
- An increase in Data download speeds: For example with Irish operator providing a claimed 225 Mbps download speed.
- New night-time services: For example with Italian operator providing free surfing at night between the hours of midnight to 7:59 am for its 8 GB & 30 GB allowance.
- Data roll over: Allowing users to roll over data to the next month's period.
- Out of allowance pricing: Moving away from Per Mbyte pricing to higher bundles
- Data roaming: For example with US operator allowing their customers to use their existing data allowance in Canada and Mexico.
In the chart below TCL shows the average pricing per data allowance bundle – from 500 MB up to 10 GB+.*
Figure 1: A table showing the average pricing per mobile data allowance - Q2-15 - in the TCL survey
Average pricing for the 10 GB plus data allowance has fallen by the most of all allowances, by 15.8 per cent for the quarter period.
In the Table below, TCL shows the average pricing per GB for each data allowance in the TCL survey.
Figure 2: A table showing the average pricing per GB inside the bundle for each data allowance – Q2-15 & Q1-15 in the TCL survey*
Average pricing per GB has also fallen over the quarter, with the largest fall, of almost 21 per cent per GB, for the 10 GB plus segment.
*based on monthly postpaid data bundles accessed by PC/Laptop/Tablet
New service adoption is being led by Mobile Broadband which has become the most dramatic example of rapid penetration. Mobile Broadband pricing has declined by more than half in real terms during the 3 year period with more broadband capacity being available for the same price. The recent availability of easy portable mobile data connections (such as the USB modem) means that mobile data services have started to become a mass market consumer item.
Price competition among mobile broadband providers has become intense as the cost of devices has reduced and increased network capacity has become available with LTE speeds. Flat rate price competition will continue to be severe until mobile providers learn how to differentiate their product offer to meet the need of individual user groups.
Key benefits of the service
Coverage for each price plan
i) Rental &usage prices (inside&outside the bundle) for 140 operators in 66 countries' Mobile Internet and Mobile Broadband offerings expressed in local currencies, Euros and US Dollars allowing for easy comparison
ii) Tariff type: contract or add-on or pay-as-you go price.
iii) Download speed relevant to the product
iv) Access mode: laptop or mobile phone
ii) Data roaming prices
v) Relevant notes
vi) Cost per 1 GB inside the bundle
Output in excel, supported by a summary report sent with each update commenting on the price changes made by the operators.
Updated quarterly, coverage continuously expanded, changes are marked for easy identification
Deliverables for a 1-year subscription
ii) Quarterly updates - changes made are marked in red for easy identification
iii) Summary report with each update including analysis
v) PLUS Free Enquiry Service
For further information on this report, please visit-
Find all Mobile Services Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/mobile-services
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter