Fast Market Research recommends "Base Metals Mining in Indonesia to 2020" from Timetric, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/11/2014 -- In 2013, Indonesia's projected copper and nickel production was 485,300 tons and 366,800 tons respectively. The majority of the country's copper originates from the West Nusa Tenggara province and the Grasberg mining district located in Papua province, while much of its nickel production originates from Southeast Sulawesi and the provinces of North Maluku. Over 2014-2020, copper mine production is projected to post a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.2%, while nickel mine production is projected to register a CAGR of 7.5%.
- The country's copper metal consumption measured 228,900 tons in 2013. Over 2014-2020, Indonesia's copper metal consumption is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.7%.
- Major markets for Indonesia's copper ores and concentrates exports in 2013 were Japan, South Korea, India, Spain, Philippines, China and Germany, while China, Japan, Australia, Ukraine and Greece were amongst the major importers of nickel ores and concentrates.
- Many of the country's upcoming copper exploration and development projects are located in the Java Province, Central Kalimantan, West Nusa Tenggara, Central Sulawesi and Maluku provinces.
- Indonesia's move to go ahead with the ban on mineral ore exports, which is in accordance with the implementation of the mining law passed in 2009, would damage export revenues in short-to-medium term future.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report contains an overview of the Indonesian base metals mining industry together with the key growth factors and restraints affecting the country's base metals mining industry. It also provides detailed information about reserves, reserves by regions, production, prices, competitive landscape, major active, exploration and development projects, consumption and trade. Also included is the country's fiscal regime, which includes governing bodies and relevant laws, mining rights and obligations as well as key fiscal terms.
Reasons to Get this Report
Companies Mentioned in this Report: PT Freeport Indonesia, PT Newmont Nusa Tenggara, PT ANTAM (Persero) Tbk, PT Vale Indonesia Tbk
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Base Metals Mining in Australia to 2020
- Base Metals Mining in the Philippines to 2020 - a Focus on the Nickel Industry
- Precious Metals Mining in Australia to 2020
- Inmet Mining Corporation (IMN) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Precious Metals Mining in Uzbekistan to 2020
- Base Resources Limited (BSE) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Rambler Metals and Mining plc (RMM) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Silvercorp Metals, Inc. (SVM) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- De Grey Mining Limited (DEG) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Metals Creek Resources Corp. (MEK) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile