Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/22/2014 -- Demand for bottled water in South Africa remains fairly low, as the country's tap water remains fairly clean and safe to drink for local citizens. Volume sales continue to grow year-on-year but the market remains highly compressed in terms of expansion. Per capita consumption has grown at a slower rate from 2008, when an average person would consume just over six litres of bottled water per year, whilst an average person now only consumes eight litres of water per year. Bottled water consumption is considered a luxury in South Africa, particularly in lower LSM societies where people drink tap water.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Coca-Cola South Africa remained highly dominant in bottled water during 2013. The company's broad product range made it highly possible to consolidate the market in terms of volume share. Coca-Cola brands are dominant in all bottled water categories, including functional bottled water where the company is the sole player. Top Coca-Cola brands include Valpre and Bonaqua, which are highly visible in most retail outlets in South Africa in both still and carbonated bottled water.
Demand for bottled water in South Africa is expected to remain fairly stable over the forecast period; volume growth is expected to be restricted by the fact that consumers will always have an option to consume tap water if the overall price of water goes beyond their reach. Demand is expected to rise in summer periods over the forecast period as higher temperatures often push up demand for water.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Bottled Water industry in South Africa with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Bottled Water industry in South Africa, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Bottled Water in South Africa market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Bottled Water in South Africa?
- What are the major brands in South Africa?
- How important is the direct selling method of distribution in South Africa for bottled water sales?
- What impact have environmental issues (such as sustainable packaging) had on consumer attitudes, category volumes, packaging formulations and/or product innovation in South Africa?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Carbonated Bottled Water, Flavoured Bottled Water, Functional Bottled Water, Still Bottled Water.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bottled Water in Colombia
- Bottled Water in Nigeria
- Bottled Water in Norway
- Bottled Water in Vietnam
- Bottled Water in Turkey
- Global Bottled Water Market 2014-2018
- Bottled Water in Thailand
- Bottled Water in Latvia
- Bottled Water in the US
- Bottled Water in Estonia