Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/11/2014 -- Bolivian consumers continued to favour the growth of instant coffee in Bolivia in 2013. The main reason behind this performance was the perceived convenience this product offers them. Coffee production according to press reports is declining due to crop substitution and as a result, prices of fresh coffee increased in 2013. The most impacted consumers are low-income consumers who might reduce their purchasing frequency or switch to inexpensive brands. However, this situation helped boost the growth of instant coffee amongst mid- and high-income consumers in Bolivia. These products are widely distributed and prices are competitive. In addition, the variety of formats available makes instant coffee even more attractive.
Industria Molinera de Cafe Ideal led sales of coffee in 2013 with a little over 44% volume share and 31% value share. Nestle Bolivia Srl led value share with 37% and it had 18% total volume share in the same year. Both companies are able to position their products successfully in Bolivia by strategically pricing and investing in wide distribution of their products. Industria Molinera de Cafe Ideal targets mainly low- and middle-income consumers with its fresh coffee products. On the other hand, Nestle Bolivia Srl leads sales of instant coffee thanks to its brand Nescafe.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Fresh coffee is expected to remain the largest category within coffee in Bolivia in the forecast period. Nevertheless, instant coffee is expected to continue increasing in its number of consumers and its growth will be boosted by favourable economic conditions. Coffee prices are likely to continue to increase due to global influences on prices and for that reason, fresh coffee is likely to remain the favourite amongst low-income consumers in Bolivia. Overall, coffee is expected to post CAGRs of 3% in total volume terms and 6% in constant value terms in 2013-2018.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Coffee industry in Bolivia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Coffee industry in Bolivia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Coffee in Bolivia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Coffee in Bolivia?
- What are the major brands in Bolivia?
- How significant is vending in coffee distribution?
- How does the increasing number of speciality coffee shops impact retail sales of coffee?
- How are coffee pods performing in Bolivia?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Fresh Coffee, Instant Coffee.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Coffee in Austria
- Coffee in Norway
- Coffee in Slovakia
- Coffee in Israel
- Coffee in the US
- Coffee in Egypt
- Coffee in Mexico
- Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks Market in West Europe to 2019: Market Guide
- Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks Market in Latin America to 2019: Market Guide
- Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks Market in Asia to 2019: Market Guide