Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/18/2014 -- Credit Unions in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Canada credit unions market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- Credit unions are member-owned, not-for-profit financial cooperatives that provide savings, credit and other financial services to their members.
The members of a credit union share a common bond, such as living in the same region. Credit unions do not raise funds from sources other than their members' savings. There are no outside shareholders, and each union is run by directors elected by its members.
Cooperative banks are similar to credit unions, but members need not to share a common bond, financial products may be offered to non-members, and a certain amount of capital may be raised from sources other than savings. As a result cooperative banks are not included in this report.
Values relate to total assets held by credit unions in the relevent country at year end, whilst volumes relate to total members (customers) of credit unions.
Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2013 annual average exchange rates.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The Canadian credit unions sector had total assets of $301.8bn in 2013, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.3% between 2009 and 2013.
- The number of members declined with a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -1.6% between 2009 and 2013, to reach a total of 10,156.8 thousand members in 2013.
- The performance of the sector is forecast to accelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 8.7% for the five-year period 2013 - 2018, which is expected to drive the sector to a value of $458.2bn by the end of 2018.
Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the credit unions market in Canada
Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the credit unions market in Canada
Leading company profiles reveal details of key credit unions market players' global operations and financial performance
Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Canada credit unions market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the Canada economy
Key Questions Answered
What was the size of the Canada credit unions market by value in 2013?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Credit Unions: North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide
- Credit Cards Market in Kazakhstan to 2017: Market Brief
- Credit Cards Market in Iceland to 2017: Market Brief
- Credit Cards Market in the Philippines to 2017: Market Brief
- Credit Cards Market in Latvia to 2017: Market Brief
- Credit Cards Market in Oman to 2017: Market Brief
- Credit Cards Market in Rwanda to 2017: Market Brief
- Credit Cards Market in Morocco to 2017: Market Brief
- Credit Cards Market in Slovenia to 2017: Market Brief
- Credit Cards Market in Estonia to 2017: Market Brief