New Food market report from Business Monitor International: "Croatia Food & Drink Report Q2 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/12/2014 -- There are no immediate prospects for improvements in the outlook for consumer spending in Croatia in 2014, with consumption set to be hindered by high unemployment, weak bank lending, and low wage growth over the coming quarters. We therefore forecast Croatia's economy to grow by an anaemic 0.4% in 2014 with growth likely to be hindered by stagnant consumer spending and fiscal consolidation.
Headline Industry Data (local currency)
- 2014 per capita food consumption = +1.7%; per capita forecast compound annual growth rate (CAGR) 2014 to 2018 = +2.5%.
- 2014 alcoholic drinks value sales = +1.6%; forecast CAGR 2014 to 2018 = +2.7%.
- 2014 soft drinks value sales = +3.7%; forecast CAGR 2014 to 2018 = +3.5%.
- 2014 mass grocery retail sales = +2.9%; forecast CAGR 2014 to 2018 = +2.9%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Company Trends
Agrokor Looks to Revise Mercator Offer: In early 2014 it was reported that Agrokor would like to lower its offer price for Mercator, valuing the 53% stake in the Slovenian retailer at EUR220mn, which is EUR20mn less than under the contract signed in summer 2013. As part of the lowered price, Agrokor would also secure a capital injection for Mercator. Meanwhile, Mladen Cerovac, Deputy Director of the Croatian Competition Agency (AZTN), has announced that Agrokor will have to substantially reduce its retail network in the country before it can get the regulatory approval to take over Mercator.
Atlantic Grupa Secures Unilever Distribution Rights: In late 2013 Atlantic Grupa took over the Croatian and Slovenian distribution of Unilever products. Atlantic Grupa will handle brands including Knorr, Bertolli and Hellmann's in the two countries. The contract, taking the annual sales on the two markets, is worth a total of EUR32mn, and the new partnership reaffirms Atlantic Grupa's status as a leading FMCG distributor in the region.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Colombia Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Brazil Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Bahrain Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Czech Republic Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Greece Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Kazakhstan Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Germany Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Malaysia Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Caribbean Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Chile Food & Drink Report Q2 2014