Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Egypt Information Technology Report Q3 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/18/2014 -- Egypt's fragile political and economic environment is a drag on its IT market, limiting the country's ability to develop its full potential as a hub between the Middle East and Africa. Meanwhile, the impending reduction of finan cial support to Egypt from Gulf states will further weig h on growth over the short term. BMI nevertheless holds an optimistic outlook for Egypt's IT market in the later years of our forecast period , based on the country's large population and strong government support for ICT development. Our generally positive outlook is also underpinned by a low penetration of PCs and IT services , which BMI expects vendors to capitalise on as private consumption growth gradually gains momentum over the five years to 2018.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer Hardware Sales: EGP6.737bn in 2013 to EGP7.467bn in 2014, up 10.8% in local currency terms. We expect government procurement initiatives and the increasing availability of low-cost tablets to drive growth.
- Software Sales: EGP1.673bn in 2013 to EGP1.99bn in 2014, up 18.9% in local currency terms. Modernisation initiatives by enterprises and government will ensure strong demand growth for efficiency generating and capability expanding software.
- IT Services Sales: EGP2.894bn in 2013 to EGP3.462bn in 2014, up 19.7% in local currency terms. The growth of the local outsourcing and software development industry is key to IT services growth, further supported by rising public and private sector demand for cloud-based IT services.
Key Trends And Developments
Egypt's government continues to take a proactive approach to developing the IT sector, including policy initiatives and incentives for investment. BMI believes this is laying the foundations for medium term growth, particularly in IT services, but there is also prospect for an emerging software development industry as the skills base strengthens. Government policy is helping by providing investment...
The Egypt Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Egypt Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Egypt.
- Benchmark BMI's independent IT Industry forecasts for Egypt to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and strategic business planning in the Egyptian IT market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Egypt's IT sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes, and major deals, projects and investments in Egypt.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering IT, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Cross-border analysis of regional markets, commenting on IT penetration (PC and internet) and market growth drivers (IT market size and IT market compound growth).
Country Market Overview
Structure, size and value of the industry sectors including hardware, software and services; overview of the industry landscape and key players; assessment of the business operating environment and the latest regulatory developments and government authority.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
IT Sector: IT industry value (US$bn); IT sector contribution to GDP (%); value of hardware, software and services industry (US$mn); PC, peripherals and software imports and exports (US$mn); PC, peripherals and software sales (US$mn); number of PCs (`000); PCs/100 inhabitants; internet users (`000); internet users per 100 inhabitants; broadband subscribers (`000); broadband subscribers per 100 inhabitants.
Economy: Economic growth (%); nominal GDP (US$bn); unemployment (%); interest rates (%); exchange rate (against US$).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Australia Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Brazil Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- South Africa Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Thailand Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Philippines Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Venezuela Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- China Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Singapore Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Israel Information Technology Report Q3 2014