Fast Market Research recommends "Egypt Petrochemicals Report Q2 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/09/2015 -- Putting its troubles behind it, Egypt is advancing its petrochemicals development which should ensure self-sufficiency, but the country remains plagued by its energy crisis, according to BMI's latest Egypt Petrochemicals Report.
Capacity is due to ramp up in 2015 with Egyptian Ethylene and Derivatives Company (Ethydco) planning to commission an olefins facility with capacities of 460,000 tonnes per annum (tpa) ethylene and 20,000tpa butadiene, which should feed the ENPPI PE plant. Sidpec already operates the country's only ethylene plant, a 300,000tpa cracker at El Ameriya, which feeds its LLDPE and HDPE units.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
However, gas shortages are plaguing the sector and the wider economy. Egypt needs around 500,000tpa of ethylene in order to sustain downstream production, but in 2014 local production was well below this level. This has hindered growth in output as well as delayed the completion of projects.
- Progress is being seen at the most ambitious petrochemicals complex in Egyptian history. Carbon Holdings' USD6.8bn Tahrir Petrochemical Project at Ain Sokhna will include 1.35mn tpa of polyethylene (PE) and a cracker with the capacity to produce 900,000tpa ethylene. In Q414, Carbon Holdings was in discussion with the UAE government for a possible investment of USD400mn. Work is due to be completed in 2019.
- TCI Sanmar Chemicals, the Egyptian venture of India-based Sanmar Group, has announced plans to invest USD150mn to expand its polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and ethylene capacity in Egypt under Phase II of its plan for the complex. The expansion project will raise PVC and ethylene production at the complex to 400,000tpa and 120,000tpa respectively.
- In BMI's Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Index for the Middle East and Africa region, Egypt is in ninth place with a score of 47.7 points, up 3.0 points as a result of improved prospects for the petrochemicals industry and the country as a whole.
The Egypt Petrochemicals Report has been researched at source, and features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for key petrochemicals sub-sectors. The report also analyses the impact of regulatory changes, recent developments and the background macroeconomic outlook and features competitive landscapes comparing companies by products and services, sales, market share, investments, projects, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Egypt Petrochemicals Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Egyptian petrochemicals industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent petrochemicals industry forecasts to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the Egyptian petrochemicals market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Egyptian petrochemicals sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Egypt.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI?s key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis, covering the petrochemicals markets, regulatory changes, major investments, projects and company developments.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the petrochemicals sector and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series (2009-2013) and forecasts to end-2019 for key industry and economic indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key risks to the main forecasts. Indicators include:
- Energy: Oil production (?000 b/d), oil consumption (?000 b/d), net oil exports (?000 b/d), gas production (bcm), gas consumption (bcm), net gas exports (bcm), oil refinery capacity (?000 b/d).
- Petrochemicals: Ethylene capacity (?000 tpa), ethylene production (?000 tpa), ethylene consumption (?000 tpa), polyethylene capacity (?000 tpa), polypropylene capacity (?000 tpa), polyvinyl chloride capacity (?000 tpa), polyolefins consumption (?000 tpa).
- Oil Products Prices: Price forecasts for all major oil-based products (USD/bbl) at major global energy trading hubs.
- Economic: Nominal GDP (USDbn), real GDP growth (%), GDP per capita (USD), population (mn), unemployment (%), exchange rate (against USD).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Iran Petrochemicals Report Q2 2015
- United Arab Emirates Petrochemicals Report Q2 2015
- Israel Petrochemicals Report Q2 2015
- Saudi Arabia Petrochemicals Report Q2 2015
- Algeria Petrochemicals Report Q2 2015