Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Egypt Real Estate Report Q4 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/25/2013 -- This means it is crucial for operators to price their 4G offerings appropriately, as low-cost MVNOs and Yoigo have been the more successful enterprises during this difficult economic period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The mobile market contracted by 6.4% y-o-y in Q213, reaching 49.998mn. This was the result of the squeeze on consumer spending and inactive subscription discounting by market leader Movistar and second-ranked Vodafone.
- The disconnection of active subscribers has helped maintain APRU rates this quarter, but we forecast that these will continue to fall during the course of the year because of costumers' heightened price sensitivity of consumers and the implementation of mobile termination rate cuts.
- Dedicated mobile broadband subscriptions saw the largest declines, according to the latest data available from the CMT, down 26.4% in Q113 to 2.884mn.
Key Trends And Developments
The three months between May and July 2013, saw three of the four major operators launch LTE services in Spain. Vodafone was the first at the end of May, followed by Orange and Yoigo in July. Telefonica remains the only MNO not have launch its own LTE services, however, the company signed an agreement with Yoigo in August to access its LTE network.
In September, Telefonica awarded LTE deals to Alcatel-Lucent and Ericsson. The contract is the largest 4G LTE agreement for Alcatel-Lucent in Western Europe to date. As part of this deal, Alcatel-Lucent will deploy an LTE network overlay for Telefonica Spain. Alcatel-Lucent will deploy around 8,000 4G base stations. During the initial stage of the project, the company will offer installation and turnkey project management services, as well as systems integration, maintenance and configuration optimisation for Telefonica Spain.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Business research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- China Real Estate Report Q4 2013
- Romania Real Estate Report Q4 2013
- Turkey Real Estate Report Q4 2013
- Vietnam Real Estate Report Q4 2013
- South Korea Real Estate Report Q4 2013
- Taiwan Real Estate Report Q4 2013
- Ukraine Real Estate Report Q4 2013
- Thailand Real Estate Report Q4 2013
- Qatar Real Estate Report Q4 2013
- Indonesia Real Estate Report Q4 2013