New Pharmaceuticals research report from GlobalData is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/09/2014 -- Ankylosing spondylitis is a systemic, chronic, and progressive inflammatory arthritis in the family of seronegativespondyloarthritis, and is one of the most common rheumatic conditions throughout the world. Ankylosing spondylitis primarily affects the spine and sacroiliac joints, with involvement with other joints in the shoulders, hips, and knees. It can progress into severe inflammation that fuses the spine, leading to permanent painful stiffness of the back. Although treatment helps in relieving pain and stiffness and keeps the spine flexible, the disease is irreversible and people with the disorder have to cope with symptoms throughout their lives. Global prevalence of the disease ranges from 0.01%-1.40%, with higher prevalence in western European Caucasian populations. The epidemiology of ankylosing spondylitis follows a specific geographic distribution mirroring the global variation in prevalence of the HLA-B27 risk allele.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
GlobalData epidemiologists forecast an increase in the diagnosed prevalent cases of ankylosing spondylitis in the 7MM from 818,456 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2012 to 850,849 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2022, with an annual growth rate (AGR) of 0.40%. Throughout the forecast period, the US will have the highest number of diagnosed prevalent cases of ankylosing spondylitis, with 608,813 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2022.
In this analysis, GlobalData epidemiologists provided detailed, clinically relevant segmentations for diagnosed ankylosing spondylitis cases. To forecast the diagnosed prevalent cases, GlobalData epidemiologists used country-specific estimates from peer-reviewed journal articles in which ankylosing spondylitis was diagnosed using valid diagnostic criteria and radiographic evidence. Another strength of this analysis is that the same methodology was used across the 7MM, thereby allowing for meaningful global comparisons of the diagnosed prevalent cases of ankylosing spondylitis.
- The Ankylosing Spondylitis EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and global trends ofankylosing spondylitis in the seven major markets (7MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan).It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the diagnosed prevalent cases of ankylosing spondylitissegmented by age (beginning at 15 years and ending at 65 years and older), sex, and HLA-B27 seropositivitystatus in these markets.
- The ankylosing spondylitisepidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 7MM.
Reasons to Get This Report
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global ankylosing spondylitismarket.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- EpiCast Report: Overweight and Obesity - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS) - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Hemophilia - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Trigeminal Neuralgia - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Breast Cancer - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Gram-Negative Bacterial Pneumonia - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Gram-Negative Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Ulcerative Colitis - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Bladder Cancer - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022