Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/19/2014 -- Floating Production Systems Market By Types (FPSO, TLP, Spar, Barge, Others), Water Depth (Shallow, Deep, and Ultra Deep), Build (New and Converted) & Geography - Global trends and forecasts to 2018
This report estimates the floating production systems market in terms of volume and value. The volume market is estimated in terms of number of orders booked per year and value in terms of contract value. This has been broken down into component regions and is further split into countries.
Floating production systems are required for oil and gas development. The ever-increasing offshore exploration and production activities across the globe and the drilling activities at ultra-deep water depths are driving the market. However, issues associated with the environment, geopolitical turmoil, and a lack of skilled professionals, are affecting the growth. FPSOs have the highest growth and are the most preferred floating production systems. They are advantageous at all water depths and are in demand across the globe wherever offshore explorations and production activities take place. Barges and spars are also showing decent growth within ultra-deep water drilling activities. Leasing contractors are placing more than half of the entire floating production systems order, followed by field operators.
We have used various secondary sources such as encyclopedias, directories, and databases to identify and collect information that was useful for this extensive commercial study of the global floating production systems market. The primary sources - experts and suppliers from the industry - have all been interviewed to obtain and verify critical information, as well as to assess the future prospects of the floating production systems market.
We have also profiled leading players of this industry, along with their recent developments and other strategic industry activities. Some of the key companies profiled include Samsung Heavy Industries (South Korea), Hyundai Heavy Industries Corporation Ltd. (South Korea), Keppel Offshore & Marine (Singapore), Malaysia Marine and Heavy Engineering Sdn Bhd (Malaysia), Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co. Ltd. (South Korea), and Technip S.A. (France) among others.
Latin America dominates the global floating production systems market. In Latin America, Brazil is the largest market and is lead by Petrobras (Brazil) which is a leading FPS operator globally. Asia-Pacific dominates the floating production systems market in terms of manufacturing and repairing.
The floating production systems market is segmented into six regions namely North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East. The floating production systems market is further segmented by types, water depths, and build.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Pressure Pumping Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Subsea Well Access and BOP System Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2019
- Fracking Chemicals and Fluid Market by Fluid & Well Type, and Chemicals (Acid, Surfactant, Biocide, Gelling Agent, Cross Linker, Breaker, Scale & Corrosion Inhibitor, Clay & Iron Control, Friction Reducer) - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Offshore Drilling Market By Services (Contract Drilling, Directional Drilling, Logging While Drilling), Applications (Shallow Water, Deepwater, Ultra-Deepwater) And Geography-Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Waste Heat Recovery Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Fluid Management & Visualization Systems Market - Global Forecasts to 2018
- Seed Treatment Market - Global Trends, Forecasts & Technical Insights up to 2018
- Driver Assistance Systems Market: Global Trends and Forecast to 2018
- Diagnostic Imaging Market - Global Forecasts to 2018
- Renewable Chemicals Market - Alcohols (Ethanol, Methanol), Biopolymers (Starch, PLA, PHA, Polyethylene & Others), Platform Chemicals & Others - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018