Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "India Freight Transport Report Q3 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/23/2014 -- India's state-run major ports continue to be the underperformers in the BRIC country's freight transport infrastructure, with volumes at many facilities struggling to grow. Ports have also been harmed by a ban on iron ore mining, and a fall in exports to Europe. A case in point is the Jawaharlal Nehru Port, India's largest in terms of containers handled, which has seen a decrease in its box throughput as it continues to chase the elusive fourth terminal. We see strong growth potential in the air freight sector, however, as air freight and logistics companies look to capitalise on India's growing pharmaceuticals export market, though national carrier Air India will struggle to take on this mantle given its financial constraints. The opening up of the air sector to foreign players could provide a boost to the market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Industry Data
- 2014/15 Port of Kandla tonnage throughput is forecast to grow by 1.4%, and is projected to average growth of 2.1% a year to 2018/19.
- 2014/15 rail freight growth forecast is 5.7% and is projected to average 6.1% to 2018/19.
- 2014/15 air freight tonnes growth forecast is 6.1% and is forecast to average 6.5% to 2018/19.
- 2014/15 total trade real growth forecast at 8.4%, and to average 8.8% to 2018/19.
Key Industry Trends
Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust To Build Container Terminal: The Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) at Navi Mumbai, India, has signed a concession agreement with the Port of Singapore Authority (PSA) to build a fourth container terminal with capacity of 4.8mn twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs) in the country. The new container terminal is expected to cost INR80bn (USD1.34bn). The necessary financial closure will reportedly be carried out in the next 80 days. The PSA's fourth project in India will be fully funded through foreign direct investment. This is hugely important news for the beleaguered port, which has been suffering from acute congestion troubles following a long-running saga over the awarding of...
The India Freight Transport Report has been researched at source, and features latest-available data covering commercial transport and logistics by road, rail, air and water; industry forecasts, company rankings covering leading national and multinational operators; and analysis of latest industry trends, opportunities, projects and regulatory changes.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s India Freight Transport Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Indian freight transport and logistics industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent freight transport industry forecasts on India to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the strategic freight transport market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Indian freight transport sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in India.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs, and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering freight transport and logistics, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the freight sector and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Industry Trends And Developments
Analysis of latest projects across the freight transport sector (road, rail, air, sea and logistics) including market overview which provides an outline of the key elements driving development.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and macroeconomic indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
Transport Sector: Sector Value (US$bn); sector real growth (%); employment (`000); total freight carried by road, rail, inland waterways, maritime, air and pipeline (mn tonnes-km/mn tonnes)
Trade: Exports and imports (US$mn) by category of goods (manufactured goods, food, chemicals etc.); top-5 import and export trade partners (US$mn); imports/exports to each global region (US$mn)
Port Data: Throughput (`000 tonnes) and container throughput (TEU) for all major ports in the state
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Romania Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Belgium Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Russia Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Hong Kong Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Czech Republic Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Vietnam Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Hungary Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- China Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Iran Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Poland Freight Transport Report Q3 2014