New Food research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/05/2014 -- We continue to believe that Ireland's economic recovery will gather momentum in 2014 with the economy growing at an annual rate of 2.1%, followed by 2.3% the following year, and increasing each year in our five-year forecast, driven by a strong performance in the manufacturing sector and exports. Gradually easing unemployment and rising wages should support an increase in household disposable incomes, which we expect to have positive implications for consumer spending on food and drink.
Headline Industry Data
- Total food consumption (local currency) growth year-on-year (y-o-y) in 2014: +2.7; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to 2018: +3.5%
- Per capita food consumption (local currency) growth y-o-y in 2014: +1.6%; CAGR to 2018: +2.4%
- Soft drinks value sales (local currency) growth y-o-y in 2014: +3.2; CAGR to 2018: +4.2%
- Alcoholic drinks value sales (local currency) growth y-o-y in 2014: +2.3; CAGR to 2018: +3.3%
- Total mass grocery retail (MGR) sales (local currency) growth y-o-y in 2014: +3.0%; CAGR to 2018: +4.4%
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Industry Trends & Developments
Falling Beef Prices Cost Irish Farmers EUR106m n: Ireland's declining beef prices have cost the Irish farmers EUR106mn (USD144.1mn) so far in 2014, reports GlobalMeatNews, citing the Irish Cattle and Sheep Farmers' Association (ICSA) general secretary Eddie Punch. Ireland exports 95% of its beef into the European markets, yet with EU beef production projected to increase in 2014, Irish farmers face market difficulties and a drop in beef prices in Ireland, according to Meat Industry Ireland director Joe Ryan.
Nestl? Set To Achieve Cocoa Sustainability : Nestl? Ireland, a division of the Switzerland-based food and drink company Nestl?, is set to achieve sourcing 100% of its cocoa from sustainable sources by end of 2015. Working with the UTZ Certified and Fairtrade Foundation, more than 60% of cocoa purchased by Nestl? comes from certified farms working with the Nestl? Cocoa Plan....
The Ireland Food & Drink Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for food and drink expenditure, consumption, sales, and imports/exports and forecasts for the mass grocery retail sector. The report also includes analyses of major regulatory developments, the background macroeconomic outlook and competitive landscape comparing national and multinational companies by leading products and services, sales, investments, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Ireland Food & Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the food and drink industry and the mass grocery retail market in Ireland.
- Benchmark BMI's independent food and drink industry forecasts for Ireland to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Irish food and drink market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Ireland through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit latest competitive intelligence on your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, and views, covering food and drink manufacturing and consumption and the retail market.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Food & Drink Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors, food and drink manufacturers and mass grocery retailers.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the food, drink and mass grocery retail sectors, and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI's food chapter is divided into sections such as Meat, Fish, Confectionary, Dairy and Canned Foods, and provides insight into a market's food industry, centred on a forecast to end-2018 for the sector. The chapter includes the following elements:
Industry Forecast Scenario - Historical data series and forecasts to end-2018 for growth of key indicators within a market's food industry. Including consumption, food consumption as % of GDP, canned food sales, confectionery sales and food and drink imports and exports, among others.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Mexico Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Ukraine Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Chile Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Bahrain Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Qatar Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Central America Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Kuwait Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Germany Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Slovakia Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Slovenia Food & Drink Report Q4 2014