Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/07/2014 -- Medical Robots Market by Type (Surgical Robot, Rehabilitation Robotics, Telemedicine, Assistive Robots, Orthotics, Prosthetics, Radio Surgery, Exoskeleton) & Application (Orthopedic, Neurology, Laparoscopy)- Global Forecasts to 2018
Over the years, the medical robotic systems market, which comprises surgical robots, rehabilitation robots, non-invasive radiosurgery robots, hospital and pharmacy robots, and other robotic systems, has witnessed various technological advancements. These advancements have led to a growth in the number of application areas of medical robotic systems. Medical robotic systems are used in neurology, orthopedics, laparoscopy, special education, and other areas.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The hospital and pharmacy robots segment is the fastest-growing segment of the medical robotics market. The increasing demand for telemedicine robots is likely to propel the growth of this market. Along with this, technological developments and increasing adoption of newer technologies by hospitals are some factors that are propelling the demand for hospital and pharmacy robots. The other major segment under hospital and pharmacy robots is the i.v. robots segment. i.v. robots are dispensing robots used in hospitals and pharmacies to accurately compound drug mixtures. These robots are used to administer safe, accurate, efficient, cost-effective, and ready-to-administer IV admixtures.
Factors such as an aging population, increasing spending power of the middle-class population, increasing number of private sector hospitals, advancements in endoscopic technologies, and expansions of rural healthcare facilities are also going to play a pivotal role in boosting the demand for medical robotics in the Asian region. China and Japan will be the focal point for the growth of medical robotics in the Asian market. Countries such as Singapore and Thailand are also expected to witness growth in this sector, owing to increasing government support. North America and Europe are both likely to witness an increasing demand for medical robotics owing to technological advancements as well as increased government support in both the geographies.
RoW includes regions such as Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, and the Pacific countries. These markets are slated to grow at a steady pace owing to the increase in government healthcare spending as well as the increasing awareness levels of patients regarding robot-assisted minimally invasive surgeries.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Medical Devices research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Medical Automation Market [Radiography, Capsule Endoscopy, da Vinci, POC, Intraoperative Ultrasound, Defibrillator, Infusion Pump, Automated Medication Dispensing, Microplate Reader, Pneumatic Tube Systems, RFID, RTLS] '" Global Forecasts to 2018
- The Worldwide Medical Market Forecasts to 2018
- Endoscopy Equipment Market - Global Forecasts to 2018
- Endoscopy Equipment Market by Endoscopes (Rigid, Flexible, Capsule), by Visualization Systems (HD, 3D Camera, Wireless Display & Monitor), Others (Endoscopic Ultrasound, Carts), by Application (Colonoscopy, GI Endoscopy) - Global Forecasts to 2018
- MediPoint: Breast Cancer Imaging - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Drug-Eluting Balloons - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Ankle Replacement - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
- Disposable Medical Devices Sensors Market - by Type (Biosensor, Image sensor, Accelerometer), Monitoring (Smart Pill, Pulse Oximeter), Diagnostic (Capsule Endoscope, Blood Glucose Strip), Therapeutic (Insulin pump, Dialysis) - Global Forecast to 2018
- Advances in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) System Market (2013-2018) - Technology Trend Analysis - By Architecture, Field Strengths, Technology & Applications in Medical Diagnostics with Market Landscape Analysis - Estimates up to 2018
- MediPoint: Diagnostic Cardiac Biomarkers for Acute Coronary Syndromes - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts