New Food research report from Markets and Markets is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/07/2014 -- Modified Starch Market by Raw Material (Corn, Tapioca, Potato, Wheat, and Others), by Application (Food, Feed, and Non-Food) - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
The market for modified starch is expected to experience a growth of 4.1% from 2013 to 2018. The estimation is owed to the regular research & development in the industry with a wide application of modified starch in different industries. The modified starch industry has also brought global attention to the crops such as tapioca that has found in abundance in Southeast Asia. The mentioned reason is also influencing growth of modified starch market in Asia-Pacific region.
The growing food industry in itself forms the driver for the modified starch market, and also is estimated to be a major application for the same. Currently, corn as a source for modified starch acquires a major share of around 68%; however tapioca is expected to grow at the fastest rate.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
On the whole, function of modified starch in food, feed, and non-food industry includes flocculation, binding water, film-forming properties, adhesiveness, improvement of pH stability, acidic stability, thickening, increase of shear stability, process tolerance, and many more properties. These are the special characteristics of modified starch that makes it useful in various industries. All the functions of modified starch have been considered in the study, and market has been distributed based on the same.
The global market for modified starch is expected to grow at a rate of 4.1% from 2013 to 2018. The growth rate may go higher in the five years with regular research & development in the field, and manufacturers releasing new products with different applications.
GLOBAL MODIFIED STARCH MARKET SHARE, BY SOURCE,
Source: Industry Journals, Company Presentations, and MarketsandMarkets Analysis
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Food Enzymes Market By Types (Carbohydrase, Protease, Lipase), Applications (Beverages, Dairy, Bakery), Sources (Microorganisms, Plants, Animals) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Food Encapsulation Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Food Texture Market by Functionalities, Applications & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Sugar Substitute Market - By Types (HFS, HIS & LIS), Subtypes (Stevia, Sorbitol, Tagatose, Aspartame, Saccharine, Sucralose, Xylitol & Others) & Applications (Healthcare & Personal Care, Beverage & Food) - Global Trends, Forecasts to 2018
- Acidulants Market: Global Trends and Forecasts up to 2018
- Gluten-Free Products Market By Type (Bakery & Confectionery, Snacks, Breakfast Cereals, Baking Mixes & Flour, Meat & Poultry Products), Sales Channel (Natural & Conventional) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Nutraceutical Ingredients Marke - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Food Safety Testing Market - Global Trends Forecast to 2018
- Processed Meat & Meat Processing Equipment Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Sodium Reduction Market By Ingredients (Amino Acids, Mineral Salts, Yeast Extracts), Applications (Dairy & Frozen Foods, Bakery & Confectionary, Meat Products, Sauces, Seasonings & Snacks) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018