Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/23/2014 -- Molecular Spectroscopy Market by Technology [NMR (FT, Continuous Wave), UV-Visible (Photodiode Array, Handheld), IR (Terahertz, Benchtop), NIR (FT-NIR) Raman (SERS, TERS, FT Raman)] & by Application (Pharmaceutical, Food) - Forecast to 2018
Over the years, the molecular spectroscopy market, comprising instruments, consumables, and services, has witnessed various technological advancements. These advancements have led to a growth in the number of molecular spectroscopy applications. Molecular spectroscopy is increasingly being used in drug discovery and development, metabolomics and biomarkers research, and diagnostics. However, the high cost of instruments and the need for skilled professionals to operate these highly sophisticated systems are the factors that are hindering the growth of this market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The NMR Spectroscopy segment has the largest share in the molecular spectroscopy market, due to its wide usage in application areas including pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and biopharmaceuticals, food and beverage testing, environmental testing, and in research institutes. The pharmaceutical segment is the largest segment in the molecular spectroscopy application market. This can be attributed to the increasing necessity to improve drug safety and efficacy, along with significantly reducing costs associated to the drug discovery and development process.
In the years to come, the molecular spectroscopy market is expected to experience the highest growth in the Asian region, especially in China and India. These countries will serve as new revenue pockets for players in the molecular spectroscopy market. The high growth in these regions can be attributed to various factors such as the improved funding scenario and collaborations of key players with complimentary companies as well as academic research institutes. Furthermore, Brazil, Mexico, and the African region are projected to witness significant growth in the molecular spectroscopy market. The U.S. and Europe are mature molecular spectroscopy markets. New applications in diagnostics fields, applied markets, and technological advancements are expected to propel the demand in these regions. The RoW region includes Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, and the Pacific countries. These markets are slated to grow at a steady pace. However, the countries in these regions are increasing their focus on research, owing to which these regions can be considered as potential high-growth regions.
The global molecular spectroscopy market has high competitive intensity as there are many big and small firms with similar product offerings. These companies adopt various strategies (innovation, acquisitions, and geographic expansions) to increase their market shares and establish a strong foothold in the global market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Biotechnology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Proteomics Market - Global Forecast to 2018
- Protein Crystallization & Crystallography Market - Forecast to 2018
- Industrial Construction in Indonesia to 2018: Market Forecast
- Institutional Construction in Indonesia to 2018: Market Forecast
- Commercial Construction in Indonesia to 2018: Market Forecast
- Construction in Indonesia to 2018: Market Forecast
- Infrastructure Construction in Indonesia to 2018: Market Forecast
- Business Process as A Service (BPaaS) Market & Cloud BPM Market By Process Outsourcing (Sales, Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Marketing, Operations) - Global Advancements, Opportunity Roadmaps, Market Forecast and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Green Coatings Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Market [Smart Meters; Communications; Energy Management Devices; Meter Data Management (MDM); Meter Communication Infrastructure (MCI); Security; Analytics]: Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)