Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/12/2014 -- In Argentina, nappies/diapers/pants was influenced by two main factors. First, the poor demographic development implied a low birth rate year after year and therefore the sales potential was stagnant. In 2013, the population of 0-36 months marginally declined compared to 2012. Second, the improvement of the lower middle class in the last 10 years favoured a greater penetration of nappies /diapers/pants as the population experienced increased incomes to buy non-essential goods. By 2013, it was estimated that 60% of the population of 0-36 months old used nappies/diapers/pants in Argentina.
Procter & Gamble led sales of nappies/diapers/pants with a value share of 42% in 2013. The company has a broad portfolio of products covering all price segments to position itself as a category leader. In the premium segment is Pampers Premium Care, in mid-priced, Pampers Juegos y Sueno and in the economy segment is Pampers Babysan.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In Argentina, more and more couples choose not to have children. This is particularly true for couples aged 25-39 years who prefer to have greater economic independence, professional development and time for leisure. This is clearly reflected in the number of births per 1,000 inhabitants increased from 19.1 in 1999 to 16.7 in 2013. Over the forecast period, this trend is not expected to change so it is expected that the number of births per 1,000 people will continue to decline reaching 15.8 in 2018.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Nappies/Diapers/Pants industry in Argentina with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Nappies/Diapers/Pants industry in Argentina, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Nappies/Diapers/Pants in Argentina market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Nappies/Diapers/Pants in Argentina?
- What are the major brands in Argentina?
- How are decreasing birth rates in developed economies impact the sales of nappies/diapers/pants?
- Which countries offer the biggest potential for environmentally friendly nappies/diapers?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Photographic Camera Markets in Eastern Europe to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Photographic Camera Markets in Americas to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Photographic Camera Markets in the Top 5 Asian Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Hotels in Argentina to 2017: Market Databook
- Hotels in the UAE to 2017: Market Databook
- Photographic Camera Markets in Western Europe to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Photographic Camera Markets in the Top 5 European Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Photographic Camera Markets in the World to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Photographic Camera Markets in Asia to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Photographic Camera Markets in Europe to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts