Recently published research from Euromonitor International, "Other Hot Drinks in Spain", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/23/2014 -- The limited purchasing power of Spanish consumers due to the recession, alongside high unemployment, continued to impact consumer behaviour within the other hot drinks category. Consumers tried to be cautious with their budgets and sought to reduce unnecessary spending, particularly in terms of leisure and away-from-home activities, including foodservice visits to bars and restaurants. This strongly impacted on-trade performance, with sales at breakfast time suffering in particular, as this is when most hot drinks are consumed in Spain. Nevertheless, this benefited grocery retailers, which saw a sales increase in 2013 due to the shift in consumption into consumers' homes.
Nutrexpa once again led other hot drinks in 2013, with an off-trade value share of 51%. The leadership of the national brand Cola Cao within the category is attributed to the dominance of Nutrexpa within chocolate-based flavoured powder drinks, where it held an off-trade value share of 56%; it is present with its brands Cola Cao, Cola Cao Pepitas (with small chocolate chips), Cola Cao Turbo, Cola Cao 0%, Cola Cao Fibra and Cola Cao 0% Fibra. This branded player has resisted the onslaught of private label within the category, losing only marginal share since the onset of the recession in 2008. Its products benefit from a distinctive flavour and the foam it forms with the cocoa powder on top of the drink is considered to be difficult to emulate by other brands or private label. Cola Cao is well established among Spanish consumers, who demonstrate considerable loyalty to the brand; it is considered to be synonymous with the category of chocolate-based flavoured powder drinks.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The other hot drinks category is expected to post a CAGR of 1% in volume terms, while sales are set to rise at a CAGR of 2% in constant 2013 prices over the forecast period. While the economy starts to show some macroeconomic signs of recovery, these will remain unnoticed by consumers until around halfway through the forecast period. This situation will benefit off-trade sales, due to continued consumption at home, but will contribute to a decline in the on-trade channel, which is expected to post an annual volume decline of 1% over the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Other Hot Drinks industry in Spain with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Other Hot Drinks industry in Spain, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Other Hot Drinks in Spain market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Other Hot Drinks in Spain?
- What are the major brands in Spain?
- What is the growth potential of other hot drinks such as chocolate drinks, oat-based drinks, and yerba mate?
- What role does vending play in the hot chocolate drinks market?
- Have there been any key new hot drinks products, brand extensions, or other emerging trends in the past year?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Hot Drinks Market in Spain to 2018
- The Future of the Hot Drinks Market in Argentina to 2017
- The Future of the Hot Drinks Market in Italy to 2018
- The Future of the Hot Drinks Market in the UK to 2017
- The Future of the Hot Drinks Market in Brazil to 2017
- The Future of the Hot Drinks Market in Spain to 2017
- The Future of the Hot Drinks Market in France to 2017
- The Future of the Hot Drinks Market in Chile to 2017
- The Future of the Hot Drinks Market in Finland to 2017
- The Future of the Hot Drinks Market in Colombia to 2017