New Insurance market report from Timetric: "Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Belgium, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/19/2015 -- Personal accident and health insurance accounted for 10.3% of the Belgian insurance industry's written premium in 2013, after recording a CAGR of 2.3% during the review period (2009-2013). This growth was primarily due to increases in medical expenditure, and Belgian outbound tourism. The expansion of the segment was also supported by positive demographic factors such as increased life expectancy and the country's large urban population. An increase in the government's private and public healthcare expenditure also fueled segment growth, although this was partially offset by weak economic growth and the impact of the European debt crisis.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Health insurance in Belgium comprises both public and private options.
- Belgium's personal accident and health insurance penetration rate was 0.82% in 2013
- Personal accident insurance accounted for 47.8% of the segment's gross written premium in 2013, followed by 45.1% of health and 7.0% of travel.
- Personal accident and health insurance policies are primarily distributed through brokers, with the brokers channel accounting for 61.4% of the segment's total gross written premium in 2013.The popularity of bancassurance is also growing rapidly due to its relatively low administrative costs and consumer preference.
- Belgium's personal accident and health insurance segment recorded positive growth during the review period, and benefitted from an increase in medical expenditure and outbound tourism.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the personal accident and health insurance segment in Belgium:
- It provides historical values for the Belgian personal accident and health insurance segment for the report's 2009-2013 review period, and projected figures for the 2013-2018 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Belgian personal accident and health insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It analyzes the various distribution channels for personal accident and health insurance products in Belgium.
- It profiles the top personal accident and health insurance companies in Belgium and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to Belgian personal accident and health insurance segment and each category within it.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Belgian personal accident and health insurance segment.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the personal accident and health insurance segment.
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Belgian insurance industry and their impact on companies and the industry's future.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Ethias, Axa Belgium, AG Insurance, Baloise, Chartis Europe, CBC Assurance, P&V Assurances, Belfius Insurance, ING Life, Allianz Belgium
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Indonesia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Mexico, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Hong Kong, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Peru, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018