Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/27/2014 -- Although per capita medicine spending in Peru is among the lowest in Latin America, pharmaceutical companies can generate rapid sales growth in the country due to the lack of a mandatory medicine pricing system in the country. More stringent quality control, a relatively weak domestic pharmaceutical industry, the ongoing liberalisation of bilateral trade agreements and the healthcare reform as well as Peru's investor-friendly business environment will further benefit foreign companies.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: PEN4.38bn (USD1.62bn) in 2013 to PEN4.67bn (USD1.65bn) in 2014; +6.5% in local currency terms and +2.0% in US dollar terms. Local currency forecast decreased compared with Q214 projection due to less promising macroeconomic forecast.
- Healthcare: PEN27.74bn (USD10.26bn) in 2013 to PEN29.76bn (USD10.54bn) in 2014; +7.3% in local currency terms and +2.7% in US dollar terms. Local currency forecast decreased compared with Q214 projection due to less promising macroeconomic forecast.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Risk/Reward Rating: In BMI's RRRs for Q3 2014, Peru remains 10th out of the 18 markets surveyed in the Americas matrix. Peru's Reward and Risk scores are both viewed as being less favourable than the regional averages. A small market size and a deficient IP environment are some of the major drawbacks to the involvement of foreign companies in Peru. Nevertheless, Peru is still seen as being able to offer longer-term benefits to foreign investors, on account of the expected healthcare market development and economic growth.
Key Trends And Developments
- In March 2014, Peruvian doctors clashed with riot police during a 48-hour nationwide strike.
- In March 2014, Peru's ministry of Health published a list of 399 'rare or orphan' diseases and classified them into four groups.
- In February 2014, Peru's pharmaceutical industry registered production worth US$1.046mn to date, according to the National Association of Pharmaceutical Industries...
The Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Peruvian pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Peru to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Peruvian pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Peruvian pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Peru.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Sweden Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Argentina Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Canada Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Lebanon Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Colombia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Thailand Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Singapore Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014