Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Philippines Telecommunications Report Q1 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/25/2013 -- The Philippines telecoms market is somewhat limited by low consumer incomes. However, with large subscription growth opportunities, operators continue to grow rapidly, as their strategies remain focused on building subscriber bases. Over the medium term, we believe that operators may face difficulties transitioning to strategies that focus on increasing revenues from new services, such as fibre and LTE broadband. There is still growth potential, with penetration only just over 100%, leaving operators some time before pressure will build on their existing strategies. An additional factor which should insulate operator financial performance is that the shared ownership of two of the market's operators has yet to have a negative impact on pricing for subscribers. However, BMI sees the potential for long-term implications from reduced competition.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Strong mobile subscription growth occurred in H113, resulting in an upwards revision to our forecasts. We now expect a total of 112.388mn mobile subscriptions by YE13.
- The number of fixed-line subscribers could be experiencing a sustained period of contraction due to mobile substitution. We forecast 3.78mn subscribers by end-2017, representing a 3.6% penetration rate.
- Despite the mobile market effectively being a duopoly, mobile ARPUs continue to trend lower. Without a concerted effort to move towards higher revenue-generating products and subscribers, operator ARPU will continue to fall.
Key Trends And Developments
Existing mobile operators face several challenges over the short-to-medium term. In September 2013, the Mobile Phone Subscriber Protection Act was filed, which seeks the introduction of minimum standards for the quality of mobile phone services and the monitoring of complaints. Meanwhile, they will also face additional competition, after ABS-CBN Corporation reached a deal with Globe Telecom to offer services over the latter's network. The newcomer plans to offer mobile TV services in addition to regular mobile services. New legislation and competition will ensure that established operators continue investment and innovating with services.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Bulgaria Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Indonesia Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Switzerland Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Bosnia-Herzegovina Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q1 2014