Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Poland Telecommunications Report Q4 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/22/2014 -- Poland is one of the largest telecoms markets in Central and Eastern Europe, with vibrant competition across all market segments. This has benefited consumers through service innovation and lower prices, but operators' aggressive marketing strategies have increased the downward pressure on average revenues per user, which continue to trend downwards and result in narrowing margins. In light of this recent experience operators are targeting growth of high value high - speed fixed broadband subscription growth, as well as mobile broadband growth via dedicated subscriptions and smartphones. These opportunities should allow operators to develop data revenues and help offset declines in traditional services revenues such as voice and SMS.
- Due to saturation in the mobile market, growth rates have slowed, with the latest data showing total subscriptions increasing 0.6% quarter-on-quarter in Q413 to reach 55.775mn, equal to penetration of 145.9%.
- Average revenue per user has trended downwards in 2012 and 2013, with operator performance hit by price erosion in a saturated market, mobile termination rate cuts, IP substitution and challenging economic conditions.
- The latest data from the European Commission show growth in dedicated mobile broadband subscriptions outperformed, up 21.2% year-on-year to 3.86mn at YE12, compared with a 3.5% increase in fixed broadband subscriptions to 7.123mn over the same period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments
The digital dividend in Poland was hit by a delay in February 2014 when UKE cancelled the upcoming 4G spectrum auction due to 'technical problems'. Reportedly, participants had been unable to access clarifications of auction documentation for certain periods ahead of the February 6 deadline. This deadline was therefore extended to February 14, but in light of the reactions from potential participants, the UKE decided to cancel the auction to ensure there is no room for legal doubt.
In July, the...
The Poland Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Poland's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Poland Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Poland.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Poland to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Polish telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Poland's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Poland.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Rankings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
- Internet Markets - Internet users ('000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers ('000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- China Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Japan Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Malaysia Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Argentina Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Colombia Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Sri Lanka Telecommunications Report Q4 2014