New Pharmaceuticals research report from CRI is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/30/2013 -- Antibody drugs are usually generated from monoclonal antibody through genetic engineering, with the advantages of strong targeting, few side effects, etc. With rather promising application prospect in clinic treatment, antibody drugs are mainly applied in curing diseases like tumour, immune system and so on. In terms of the global market, antibody drugs account for over 40% of the entire biotech drug market and the market share still keeps increasing. Antibody drugs have become one of the most important parts of biotech drugs and monoclonal antibody drugs are even star products of antibody drugs. Among the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2012, six of them were monoclonal antibody drugs with each annual sales value exceeding USD 5 billion.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In recent years, the market scale of monoclonal antibody drugs increased rapidly. In 2012, the global sales value of monoclonal antibody preparation exceeded USD 50 billion. Among that, Roche (plus Genentech) was the leading monoclonal antibody enterprises, which possessed seven products sold in the market including Avastin, Herceptin, Rituximab, etc. In 2012, its sales value of monoclonal antibody products reached USD 20 billion. Mono-antibody drugs will become the main force promoting the development of biological drugs in the next few years.
In recent years, China bio-pharmaceuticals industry develops rapidly, but antibody drugs lag far behind the average international level with sales value being less than 3% of biological drug share. At present, China antibody drug market is still in the initial stage. However, with Shanghai CITIC National Health Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. and Biotech Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. releasing humanization products, product types of domestic antibody drugs will enter the upgrading stage. Although domestic full humanization products have not been released, humanization products and full humanization products will become the domestic trend of monoclonal antibody products in the future.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Cancer Monoclonal Antibody Partnering Terms and Agreements
- Protein Engineering Market [Products (Monoclonal Antibody, Insulin Analog, Modified EPO), Technology (Sequential Modification, Glycosylation, PEGylation), and Applications (Therapeutics, Diagnostics, Research)] - Global Forecast to 2017
- Global Pharmaceutical Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Pharmaceutical Industry
- Global Pharmaceutical Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Pharmaceutical Industry
- Monoclonal Antibodies Partnering Terms and Agreements
- Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing in India, China and South Korea - Regulatory Framework, Infrastructure Support and Discovery Funding Create an Environment Conducive to Growth
- Research Report on Global and China In-vitro Diagnostic Reagent Industry, 2013-2017
- Research Report on Global and China Blood Product Industry, 2013-2017
- Research Report on Global and China Human Vaccine Industry, 2013-2017
- Global Airports Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Airports Industry