Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/22/2014 -- We downgraded the growth forecast for the Russian IT market in the Q214 update in response to a weaker macroeconomic outlook and uncertainty arising from Russia's involvement in the security situation in Ukraine. Beyond this short-term drag on growth the Russian IT market has strong medium-term growth potential, but in the short term, growth has been hit by a weaker economic outlook and a steep decline in notebook sales in favour of low-cost tablets with a low penetration in devices and enterprise solutions - and an increasingly supportive regulatory and policy framework following WTO membership and state initiatives to promote IT development. Another area where we identify great opportunity is the Russia cloud computing market, which remains underdeveloped in early 2014, but will grow rapidly as education levels rise and operators continue to invest in network infrastructure. The picture is not positive across the board though, with pressure on retail hardware sales as a result of competition from low-cost tablets, meaning value growth will fail to keep pace with unit growth over the medium term.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Kuwait Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- Australia Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- Slovenia Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- Romania Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- South Africa Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- Czech Republic Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- France Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- India Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- Hungary Information Technology Report Q2 2014